Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Install Trouble!

Bavesh,

Again,

without wishing to sound rude, this is real basic stuff, you have received a lot of help and advise.

As al-yeti put, please upload some pictures or post a link to a video from your phone.

You can attach pictures by clicking more reply options in the bottom right corner.

What is wrong with: secure 2k2 or Active 6k8? this is what you want?

You say different reed, are you sure you do not have a faulty sensor.

Pictures...Pictures...Pictures...Pictures...Pictures...Pictures...Please...

Edited by QSXS

I agree photo

Also you should have 2k2 with the door shut and 6k8 with the door open.

have you made sure your not confussing your self now

I would say without the magnet near the sensor you need the 6k8 reading so i am thinking you had the wiring correct. I would then move the magnet towards the sensor  ( Near the top remember thats where the reed is )

Actual, I mentioned in post #2!!!,

But I think he had a combination of issues.

I also pointed out the Spec for the Gap in post #33

Thats why I was asking what Gaps was and is now.

Sorry Bvesh, but you going to get a little stick for it!! 

post-69102-0-52749100-1441139995_thumb.g

I had to come back and tell the full story..................

Basically yes the magnet was not in the correct position, how ever I removed all the wiring and resistors and started from scratch by testing the continuity of the pairs to make sure the panel could see the open and close of the circuit, after I which I rewired the contact using 4 wires x2 reed x2 tamper and programmed the panel for Zone 1 - normal Closed. And activated the chime function this then operated the way I wanted, But i had not to wired the Shock sensor in,......yet.

I then proceeded to to align the magnet, and rewire as per the diagrams provided by QSXS and changed the program to Double pole/EOL and I experienced the same issues I had when the magnet was in the wrong place, it was either secure or active when I was changing which terminal I was going back to the panel from but apart from that nothing else, i.e. when the door opened there was no chime.

Texecom suggested that I put a 4k7 resistor across reed and alarm, a 2k2 resistor across reed and tamper and a link between the remaining terminals of reed and alarm to perform a closed circuit (shock and reed on same zone) this didn't work wither.

I am going to keep at this until I figure it out, as somewhere there is something I am not doing or missing................

But for now I wanted to thank all those that have contributed and helped me get this far....................