Security Installer Community

External Double Beams

bazza1981

Looking some advise for the wiring of 4 sets of 100m perimeter double beams zones, they will have eol on each zone as well so will keep each set on its own zone. Just want to know whats the best and easiest way to wire them any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

The transmitters just need power and tamper so that's straightforward. Stick to the rules regarding siting of the receivers.. generally there's a list of do's and dont's in the engineering manual. The receivers require 6 connections in basic mode, and sometimes the trip is via a pair of relay contacts. As for wiring it depends on whether or not you are working to any industry regulations. If you are not, and the receivers are within the hundred metre range try using twelve core to each unit, that is twelve core to the first receiver, branch off with six to the next receiver. Do the same with the next pair of receivers. At the panel there are two twelve cores which need to be divided into zones. Double up on your power pairs if possible. It's wise to double on the transmitters also. Not knowing your layout or the units that's about it really.

"...Using a risco panel would wireless work at 100m?..."

As Norman pointed out, the panel doesn't dictate beams, I would add that were you to run four separate cable lengths of considerable distance between the panel and receivers you should double up on the power supply ( + and -), some just say the positive, but I disagree with this. Personally, I would tend to include a further boxed power supply adjacent to the four receivers, but that's just the way I do it as my preference.

"...Think I would rather stick with hard wiring myself especially with the distance involved..."

It would be to your advantage if you can locate a mains supply somewhere near the transmitters and run a boxed power supply from this source to power the transmitters. It might be worth taking into consideration the manufacturer's quoted distance of 100 metres, This is usually pretty reliable but consider the elements, fog, rain, hail, snow, and adjust the range as you think necessary. I tend to suggest about eighty percent of the stated range in order to compensate, although again this is personal preference. A cloudy overcast day is best for calibrating the units rather than a very sunny day.