Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 48 Com2400

Hi All

I have managed to get my texecom elite alarm all configured with 6 zones of pir and 2 door contacts .

My question is I have installed a com 2400 and I cant get it to do any thing .

I have wired it into the phone line and the texecom tells me that it is there .I have inserted my mobile number but it just wont text me .

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong .Or will this unit not text me ?

Any help will be appreciated as I have run out of ideas

Many Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Are you using Wintex to program the panel? If so, in the Communications Options make sure the Enable Communicator box is ticked on the Options Tab.

On the ARC's tab, Enter your mobile number in the Primary Telephone number box and select SMS Messaging in the Protocol drop down options.

On the same tab, select which areas you want text's to be received for and select the events you want to receive text's for in the Reporting Options.

On the Radio Pad and Com Port options tab, enter the phone number of your Mobile providers's SMS service centre in SMS Call Centre 1 or use the Open Tap

service, who's number is 07045607101. The cost of using Open Tap is 50p a txt but it tends to be much more reliable than the mobile operator's own service centres.

Still on the same tab, make sure Com2400 Module is selected for the Onboard Digi Com option.

Hope that helps a bit!

Brian

it was the ******** when it was free and worked a few years ago,every alarm eng in the land had it at home

i also did but i wouldnt now, but then lots of things were ok back in the day that we wouldnt dream of doing now

plus it was more reliable then

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

For a Premier Elite, rather than using the com2400, I'd recommend using either the Com-IP or Com-WiFi module and configure it to send push messages to a smart phone from Texecom's own server. With the app installed on a phone, you also get remote control / virtual keypad capabilty as well as alarm / event notifications, all at no cost.

Brian

Yes, the setup is straight forward enough, probably easier than the com2400 actually. The only cost is the purchase of the Com-IP or WiFi module. Then it's simply a matter of creating an account on the Texecom server using the app on the smart phone and you should be good to go, no on-going charges or subs.

Brian

Edited by BLWTechServices

I wonder how many people are blindly opening up ports to their panels without any thought of the security of the devices behind (4 digit codes being pretty weak) ???

I cannot find any information about how secure the protocol for the WiFi module is.  COM-IP didn't have anything, so I'm assuming that the WiFi is the same. Has anyone here seen anything to the contrary ? There doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement to OpenSSL or other standard cipher in the docs. 

There's no mention in any of the documentation advising the use of VPN in the first instance. Surely this should be the first choice for any device and port mapping being a last resort.

Bruce did you get 2400 to text out?

If not

On keypad,

All in UDL/digi options:

Comport setup- com2400 should be selected on the port or onboard.

Setup modules- set pri sms centre to 07785499993.

Make sure if you need a 9 prefix to dial out on your landline phone, it goes in front of SMS centre number.

Digi options- ensure You have E and A on.

Program digi- arc1- sms messaging- primary is your first mobile number- reporting options make sure at least Test calls is on( C )

Now go to make test call- press zero- display should eventually show SMS sent.

If that doesn't work Make sure you have 50v on com2400 and you can dial out.

You might want to use different SMS centre but that's what I use. I think it's Vodafone.m

Hope this helps.

Like the others said, comip/wifi is much better, or even gsm com