Security Installer Community

Two Way ? Prove It.

charlie6

I need some irrefutable proof from the experts on this one since a local electronics boffin appears to doubt the integrity of the term 'two way' when related to wireless  detection. The claim, basically, is that the panel does not 'talk to' detectors,  but rather it interrogates it's own received signals from detectors, but does not  actually interrogate the detectors themselves only the received signals.

I need some irrefutable proof from the experts on this one since a local electronics boffin appears to doubt the integrity of the term 'two way' when related to wireless  detection. The claim, basically, is that the panel does not 'talk to' detectors,  but rather it interrogates it's own received signals from detectors, but does not  actually interrogate the detectors themselves only the received signals.

Why would detectors have a transceiver then.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

On most panels I know, why do the leds only light up in walk test? This alone is proof that the detectors have received an instruction from the panel.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

On most panels I know, why do the leds only light up in walk test? This alone is proof that the detectors have received an instruction from the panel.

I don't get that?

Walk test proves detector sending signal not receiving