Security Installer Community

NSI?

Guest jsd

What is NSI, what are the different levels?

I worked for a "local" alarm co. and so we were more aware of nacoss ect, but since we were taken over by //.National Installer.//, although important to install/service correctly, the governing bodies do not have such an impact on our day to day duties.

I read in an early topic that NSI silver stated that all manuals should be available to the engineer for equipment fitted.

As far as I can see there are no links from this site I only looked from the first page though, so I may be wrong!

Thanks and I will check later as I have to get to work now.

jsd

The difference between the Gold & silver is that you need iso 9001 to be gold, the technical inspections are the same, and if you are silver then you get two technical inspections per year, where i believe Gold is one technical and one ISO audit (a gold company told me this).

In your post you mentioned that all manuals should be available to to the engineer for all equipment fitted, is this not good house keeping anyway ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

As far as I can see there are no links from this site I only looked from the first page though, so I may be wrong!

No links from this site to where..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Thanks for the link, had a look.

As for manuals, I have nearly all, but this means that I should be able to get the manuals for our cctv and access systems.

thanx,

james

Archived