Security Installer Community

2 Man Team

Guys

Myself and my colleague are taking the plunge to go self employed and sub, we are looking at a rate of £350 P/D

Honestly, is this a good rate? We don't want to charge too much and be greedy but same token not charge enough if the industry will pay more for quality time served engineers.

Thanks in advance

Guys

Myself and my colleague are taking the plunge to go self employed and sub, we are looking at a rate of £350 P/D

Honestly, is this a good rate? We don't want to charge too much and be greedy but same token not charge enough if the industry will pay more for quality time served engineers.

Thanks in advance

It would be sensible to indicate whether ££50 per day is per man or for both of you though even £175 per day for a subbie is a little strong, and the area you cover

£350 is for both of us, so £175 each. I don't see this as too much considering the insurance, fuel, tax etc..

Area is Essex + London

It all depends really subbies we use in Sussex are £150/£160 inclusive, London can demand more TBF

Not intending to put a damper on your enthusiasm but I have seen so many partnerships dissolve both in and outside this industry. You may be the finest of friends and the closest of colleagues, but it is in both your interests to get every thing down in writing and viewed by a legal practitioner. I wish you both well for the future.

I have a bloody fantastic subby who is on £160 a day inclusive.

notts/lincs

He work on his own most of the time mate? Must be a struggle with working at height etc. 

What do you mean by inclusive? Including travel?

he does work on his own but if site/job requirements dictate he has another lad with him (his own or ours). if he provides the second man we pay accordingly and the job takes half the time.

he doesn't charge travel for up to an hour to site. at the moment he has been working within 20 mins of his house for the last 4 months so he's happy as Larry.

he does work on his own but if site/job requirements dictate he has another lad with him (his own or ours). if he provides the second man we pay accordingly and the job takes half the time.

he doesn't charge travel for up to an hour to site. at the moment he has been working within 20 mins of his house for the last 4 months so he's happy as Larry.

Ok glad to hear it :)

You seem to be making things work well up there mate  :cheers::'>  

trying my best - still on the look out for experienced engineers but I fear we do not pay enough for the quality we are looking for.

got a young lad starting on Monday, he's going through college etc but he won't come good for another year or so.

trying my best - still on the look out for experienced engineers but I fear we do not pay enough for the quality we are looking for.

got a young lad starting on Monday, he's going through college etc but he won't come good for another year or so.

You will do well to find quality experienced engineers imo. In seventeen years of this industry i find most blaggers.

We have two apprentices. Prepare yourself for a bumpy ride :D

Good luck.

Edited by Amps

Face to face, and a bit of background history is usually sufficient for me to know what the real situation is. Called out regularly with "...the man who installed the alarm doesn't do it anymore.." and a hundred and one other comments.. last one used four core, no tamper, on the detectors... story goes on...and on...and on.