Security Installer Community

Nuuo Nvr With Hikvision

connor2425

As in a similar topic, strip to barebones (not a few hundred cameras) and go from there, I always suspect the main control first and foremost. How old is the system, did you install it, did you test the equipment before installing (could be RF nearby ??) ..Test your equipment before installing it shall save your hours of scratching your head. Let the site know your setup, there are far superior engineers on here than myself.

The cameras I'm having trouble with are ds-2cd2132f-l but looking at the compatibility list on the nuuo webpage they arnt listed.

I have 2 different types of cams on the system which I will try tomorrow which are listed.

I can login to the cameras via the laptop so the cameras work, when searching for them the ip shows up but when entering the camera it won't load the MAC address and just states as generic so I suspect these cameras may be incompatible.

Brand new system

Edited by connor2425

"..Brand new system ?.." Not necessarily. In general (and relating to computing rather than cctv), a generic device can be identified by the host. You haven't said how many cameras you are using, psu's if needed,and so on. Can you use a single 'generic' camera (just one) connected to the host (assuming it's dvr) and forget all other considerations. One camera, one host. Let's go from there.

"...I can login to the cameras via the laptop so the cameras work....I suspect these cameras may be incompatible.."

Well we are at a stage where the cameras work on your laptop so I doubt if they are incompatible (could be wrong). Have you tried a generic in the nvr... just to make sure !!

Are they all (nvr's) supposed to specify the rtsp path,Petrolhead ? I once had a heck of a problem with a router, but that's another story I suppose.