Security Installer Community

Panel Swap - Classic 500 To Dimension 520C

dwdave

Thanks Charlie,

I was hoping perhaps they could confirm or not whether it was sold on legitimately so that I could either report it to eBay or win back the help and support of the forum.

Even though the panel appears used.

I've spoken to the seller who says he brought it a while back from eBay for a job that fell through. He didn't know it was an ADT model.

If they say it's hot then I can't send it back to the seller, but if they said keep it then where do I stand with the forum?

Edited by dwdave

'till the next question ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spoken to the seller who says he brought it a while back from eBay for a job that fell through.

you said it had users that corresponded with the PayPal account you paid?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

No I've confused myself with someone I brought something else from.

The name on the panel doesn't match the PayPal transaction.

I have contacted ADT to ask them about the panels history.

I will also go to ADI once I'm on my feet again.

3 whole days in bed ... Drs orders!

If adt don't want it, then decide what you want to do, but minimum is to report it, and get all clear perhaps from adt, perhaps they may just say no we don't want it back

Don't see why you can't carry on after you get some clarity , panel could have a fault sold as new, but may just do what you want it to do

And your experimenting anyway

Yeah I agree completely.

I've already made contact with ADT.

Ill get them to write me a note to take to the TSI hopefully.

Then I can carry on experimenting and asking stupid questions on here and getting (generally) nothing but sounds help and advice for which I am very grateful.

Well I'm almost through on this topic. (post 50). Nothing else to add really, I have a feeling though that "...get a pro in to fit a NEW panel.." is not going to work out the way we would have liked... A lot of previous  posts lead me to that conclusion Lwillis. Just sit tight and wait for the next episode.

don't take this the wrong way but I hope ADI don't sell to you unless you are in the trade.

And yet they will in all reality give better prices to cash customers than the poor account holder behind him.

Ive seen it happen, so has someone else here.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I can't comment on pricing, but if someone walked in and said here's my shopping list surely the sales manager would be daft to turn them away. I know it's not going to be a ground breaking sale but the customer wants to give you their money.

I also appreciate the installer behind in the queue waiting to order a ton of gear now has to wait.

I can't comment on pricing, but if someone walked in and said here's my shopping list surely the sales manager would be daft to turn them away. 

trade used to mean something at one time,even here,but its a free for all now,all welcome

But like anywhere, it's all about the money now. Higher sales targets and lower profit margins because there is always somewhere else to go.

aka race to the bottom,we need a qual to limit who works in the trade..