Security Installer Community

Panel Swap - Classic 500 To Dimension 520C

dwdave

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, it it's new, as suggested, then it carries a guarantee. as far as description is concerned you have a case on ebay because the item wasn't as described..if ever you need to use it. Why not send it back and go to one of the wholesalers for 'the real thing' ?

QFA

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Not sure if its of any help to those still reading but I have just copied off the users list and it had a couple of users in the system still.

Im guessing that Mike & Claire no longer needed their system for some reason and that ties in with the paypal details.

The zones list was clear though.

'till the next question ...

Not sure if its of any help to those still reading but I have just copied off the users list and it had a couple of users in the system still.

Im guessing that Mike & Claire no longer needed their system for some reason and that ties in with the paypal details.

The zones list was clear though.

really all the zones were still in and you only have 2 faults when coming out of eng mode

So it could have been an ADT panel left at a property, which the owners had purchased.. in that case they have every right to sell it. But why sell it if it's working correctly ? Your car working OK..in that case I'll buy it ? Not working OK... sell asap..to someone else !! simple isn't it.

or its a used panel that has been partially cleared?

I would say that the box is a bit scruffy and I've been told it should have come with resistors etc but it didnt.

It may point towards the panel being used ?

'till the next question ...

Dave, please return this item via the ebay scheme and get a refund. Please do not buy from ebay unless you are absolutely familiar with the item you are purchasing. I mentioned above that contrary to popular opinion this panel is not stolen and the owner has every right to off load it, it is used and it is faulty. How much do you value your own time... £20 an hour...£40... you may well be enjoying your projects and I appreciate that, but in the end time is not on your side.   

I endorse all the previous posts made by the professionals, but allow me to pass on a 'ditty' from my own experiences as a jobbing troubleshooter... A installer takes one look at a panel, decides it's above him, sells the owner a new panel (one which he only has ever worked on)and suggests to the owner "..you can get a few quid for the old one on ebay"..Reading the previous posts it's as simple as that. I removed a panel recently and told them to bin the old one (not 'put it on ebay). There is not a bit of need to contact ADT, but that's your choice (what do you want ADT to tell you ?) When you return an item on ebay raise a complaint ticket..that usually gets the seller to sit up, but it's wiser to contact the seller first and tell them you are returning the item and require the return address..you don't have to give a reason..If you want one try using " not fit for purpose " (sale of goods act).