Security Installer Community

Inspire Cctv And Bt Homehub

wfim

i would restart hub afterwards, but check to see if public ip address then changes, if so then you'd need to use a ddns host service or pay for a static ip address, or use a dvr with a cloud service or built in ddns account. otherwise without these services  the public ip address which you enter into the app to find the dvr will change now and then and you'll have to keep putting the new public ip address into the app, as much as every couple of weeks.

Assuming your BT Home Hub is with BT, you did not say what version? BT Home service do not provide a Static IPs. But the Home Hub should support NOiP, NOIP is free and usual works quite well. In the long term, its worth trying to talk the client to use a provider that can provide a Static IP.

The rules in the Router are usually; Range based. i.e. From Port - To Port.

So it is possible that you are forwarding ports 80 to 7050 in the DVR. This will cause issues if the client needs a port between this range, forwarding to another machine.

So Forward: From 80:To 80 & From 7050:To 7050 

Personally, I would not use Port 80 in the WAN side. I would remap it to something else like 81.

80 is the Default Web Port and frequently Port scanned and clawled.

But, do not start remapping until the basics are working.

Also, Fix the IP of the DVR, unless you can access completely by Host Name when local.

Or the user will lose local connection after his Route  / DVR gets Power Cycled / Reset.