Security Installer Community

Inspire Cctv And Bt Homehub

wfim

I've a inspire blue cctv system, and have being trying to connect it to the internet via my BT homehub. When I connect it via a normal cat5e cable, it doesn't show on the Hubs, home network map. Am I using the right cable, and how should the port forwarding be set?

I don't know about the port forwarding, but Homehubs generally are VERY flakey about showing connected items, even when they work.

My parents have one at the moment since they have only just upgraded to Infinity, and both their network printers are completely invisible on the 'map' (but both work perfectly).

I assume you have set a fixed IP on the CCTV system and can browse to it locally?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If your trade plug your laptop in speak to cop who will tell you what software to download so they can set it up for you.

Ports 80, 7050

BT hub general dont show them in the network map, look for the MAC code instead

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I've changed it to DHCP, and rebooted and it now is on the network map, I opened port 80 and 7050 and set them to TCP.

I've downloaded the app vMeye as according to the instructions and set the ip address to match the dvr, the port to 7050, but I'm still getting a Server Unavailable message

Any Suggestions?

Edited by wfim

Basic question, is your server down as in 'help my broadband's not working'? I assume you are connecting cctv to the server via, on the first count, a dvr. What are the specs in relation to compatibility? and Admin2 has a very relevant question "...can you connect to the cctv locally?..."

I've changed it to DHCP, and rebooted and it now is on the network map, I opened port 80 and 7050 and set them to TCP.

I've downloaded the app vMeye as according to the instructions and set the ip address to match the dvr, the port to 7050, but I'm still getting a Server Unavailable message

Any Suggestions?

Unavailable on internal address?

Sorry, it took me a while to sort out how the app work. I can now get it to work locally, transmitting from my router to my phone via WiFi. However when I try to log on to the video feed, after switching off my phone Wifi and only  using my telephone 4g signal. I still get Server unavailable

Edited by wfim

I had some problems with a homehub a while back. even though you think you are opening ports, it just wasn't.

eventually I manage to get them open. there's a certain procedure which I can only remember when I am logged into one. it was actually Lwillis that got me through it IIRC

Had mental note to open ports on older Homehubs individually, dont create one rule with many open ports. Instead create a single entry for each port you wish to open.  Been a while since I did a homehub 2 or 3 though. There was some other stuff in mind about not filling anything in the 'trigger port' for older Hubs. 

Home hub 4's and 5' been no problems though.

it doesn't show on the Hubs, home network map.

I always thought of it as the DHCP list, if it isnt DHCP it wouldnt show reliably on the list.

egg03064.gif

Yes, one port per rule name, and I've found if you use names for the rules that include words in EXISTING rules, i.e calling it 'CCTV Web Server' it seems to cause merry hell...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If you have turned off your wifi on your phone and are using 4g then you wont be connected to your local network, you will need your external IP.

Do a google search using a pc or laptop connected to your network and google whatsmyip.org, thats the IP you need to put in the app to connect remotely.

Pete Bennett

Northern CCTV Services

T: 0845 838 7383

E: info@northern-cctv.co.uk

www.northern-cctv.co.uk

This is the first time I've done this so, let me go through the suggested procedure.

1. change the CCTV dvr to DHCP.

2. on the BT homehub, in the port forward section set two separate rules/applications for port 80 and 7050, both as TCP.

3. Assign both rules/applications to the CCTV dvr device

4. Click the box on the hub so dvr always used the same Ip address

4. Check the external IP address of my hub at Whatmyip.

5 On the app, set the address  to the external address and the mobile port to 7050.

Do a need to restart my hub, after all the changes  to it  ?

Using the procedure I wrote in my last post, I finally got it to work on 4G and wifi. I was able to use just one rule for both the 80 and 7050 port.

Thanks for all your help. I would never have got it sorted out by myself.

Using the procedure I wrote in my last post, I finally got it to work on 4G and wifi. I was able to use just one rule for both the 80 and 7050 port.

Thanks for all your help. I would never have got it sorted out by myself.

I would seriously consider going back and separating the rules, it will appear to work but cause no end of problems in the long run requiring reboots all the time IMHO.