Security Installer Community

Can You Identify This Limpet

Bit of a moot point with his phone ringing in his pocket telling him his alarms gone off...

Just set that zone alarm to ring other numbers and not your own surely...

Edited by Simlec

"...The limpet really is just to chime out in case the safe is opened whilst the alarm is unset. I dont want the children playing with the safe..."

So basically, what we're saying is that children can open the safe ? is that correct ?

"...The limpet really is just to chime out in case the safe is opened whilst the alarm is unset. I dont want the children playing with the safe..."

So basically, what we're saying is that children can open the safe ? is that correct ?

Not at all. I didnt mean opened - perhaps I should have said "attempted" But if they were to find out how - I want to know.

Equally - a 2nd level of cover on the safe from the panel is only going to be beneficial?

be better if you said what your trying to achieve there may be better ways. But 8 quid to protect your safe you may as well save the 8 quid and bury it in the garden under a 12 quid bird bath

£8 for a limpet with contact switch hooked into a panel with a number of outputs - I'd say thats better than the safe on its own which meets the legal standards.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys, its unbelievably useful to me.

My system might not be a top quality grade 3 all singing one, but its no Argos special either.

I'll replace the vibro in the limpet for a more modern one with a built in analyser and that will more than suit my needs and wont cost me the £120 price tag.

'till the next question ...