Security Installer Community

Can You Identify This Limpet

limpet.jpg

Contacts left to right CCT+ / CCT-   BATT+/ BATT -   A/T

CCT opens and closes with the reed switch

A/T opens and closes with the tamper switch

BATT - I have no idea why it would have battery

Im guessing the vibro wires in from its own contacts

I have no instructions, or makers details but would like to find out how to rig it up.

There is also a junction box in the keep.

Im guessing a flexi / armoured loop from the keep to the limpet is what it needs?

cheers in advance!

'till the next question ...

It's a Safe Limpet with a rather old fashioned mechanical shock sensor. The sensitivity of the pendulum is adjusted by means of a screw. Shock sensors of this nature required NC connection. Never come across a Keep and limpet, always thought that a safe limpet was a single unit.

Edited by charlie6

Thank you -  ive only ever used one before in an old job and that had a keep. 

The backplate seems to have the same pattern as the newer elmedene ones. Perhaps its an old Elmedene unit?

Ah slightly earlier than mine. I bought a 'lifetimes' supply on clearance, of varying dates and models but all Elmdene, although of course since

then we have PD2010 (not that I'm approved) and most panels no longer offer on board analysers, of which 50% of my 'collection' require!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Oh it might do - lots of others are more expert on that panel than me.

I know that Scanny have dropped it, SPC might still have it, Texecom maybe, Risco never?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

any galaxy panel wont do inertia monitoring you need a separate analyzer 

only panels that have this builtin are Aritech, HKC

Pre-ion, non EN common platform Scanny and current SPC do too though, AFAIK.

But there are very odd issues with Scanny on later panels where its offered on all zones but will fail on anything but 1-4, there

was a tech bulletin but deleted recently by Eaton in the name of progress. Agreed its pretty old info.

Edited by datadiffusion

I should hope your system has sent you conformation that there are intruders before you need a safe limpet?

You would be better putting a PA next to safe in case you are ever frog marched to it.

The limpet really is just to chime out in case the safe is opened whilst the alarm is unset. I dont want the children playing with the safe.

It sits in view of a PIR when the system is set.

I dont really require a limpet worth mega bucks. No laws or insurance policies require me to have an alarm let alone a limpet but to coin a phrase - every little helps.

So if adding a self analysing vibro inside the limpet would work then I am happy to do that.

I am also currently building a communicator to call me and email me ( and a list of keyholders)  if an alarm is triggered - so its a loosely monitored alarm I guess.

I should hope your system has sent you conformation that there are intruders before you need a safe limpet?

You would be better putting a PA next to safe in case you are ever frog marched to it.

Bit of a moot point with his phone ringing in his pocket telling him his alarms gone off...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

"....... hang on a second ........ let me get that ....."

<<its the wife>>

"She says shes cleared out the safe and left me!"

Bit of a moot point with his phone ringing in his pocket telling him his alarms gone off...

You couldnt hear the phone ringing for the sounders !

be better if you said what your trying to achieve there may be better ways. But 8 quid to protect your safe you may as well save the 8 quid and bury it in the garden under a 12 quid bird bath

• Upvote 2

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.