Security Installer Community

Alarm With App Which Can Disarm/arm Alarm (Replace Adt?)

The documentation is sparse from Honeywell. When the new V3 firmware for the Flex came along, they implemented the Intellibus (Honeywell's own version apparently) protocol on the comm's modules. The bus is exactly the same hardware wise RS485 differential pair, but runs at a faster rate than the old version.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the virtual keypad running on a dimension , they use it in combination with remote cctv , works well

Costing biggest issue , £50 for a card £5 for the app , cheaper than the other cards

The apps have been free since the iPhone app was added a year ago. The Ethernet hardware is the biggest cost factor. If I could make it cheaper I would. Especially when you can pick up new G2 panels for £35.

Hi,

Just to clarify the following card is not compatabile with my panel?

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/honeywell-ethernet-module-ib-p-3643.html

I am just wondering if there is an ethernet card which will allow me to use both selfmon/Honeywell app?

A separate question - if i need to upgrade my system as I am on version 1.42. Where would I get the software from? Looks like i have to be a dealer to get the software...

cheers

Hi,

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/honeywell-ethernet-module-ib-p-3643.html

I am just wondering if there is an ethernet card which will allow me to use both selfmon/Honeywell app?

A separate question - if i need to upgrade my system as I am on version 1.42. Where would I get the software from? Looks like i have to be a dealer to get the software...

cheers,

No. That module is not compatible with G2-12 - just the Galaxy Flex series.

The Honeywell E080-4 module is compatible with both the Honeywell app and the SelfMon app. Expect to pay £100 ish on fleebay, or more from a trade supplier (eg Security Warehouse). The older Honeywell module is the E080-2, though as specified on the page that GalaxyGuy linked to, this needs to be running firmware v2.08 or later to work reliably. AFAIK there isn't a way to check the firmware version short of connecting the module to the panel and viewing the info in the diagnostics menu. Saying that, some modules have stickers on them specifying the FW version.

Access to firmware updates is restricted by Honeywell. You also need a special data cable to connect to the panel - about £100. Your best bet is to replace the panel. Some good deals are available on fleebay.

Edited by popjon

Hi,

cheers

Correct, the IB card will only work with the Flex panel and not your G2.   The G2 will not work with the Honeywell app as the Honeywell app only works with Flex or Dimension panels.

The flash upgrade requires a flash lead, firmware binary and Honeywell flash utility.

To re-iterate on my previous post - your G2 series panel with Honeywell's E080-2 or E080-4 module will not offer any remote keypad / app based control of any sort.  That's one of the main reasons that I designed the LCE-01 module.

Edited by GalaxyGuy

Hi,

sure, so the only option i have for remote access is

1. using the Ethernet card designed with the selfmon tool

2. replace the alarm panel with a flex one (if i was to stay with honeywell products)

apologies, if it sounds like if i am asking the same questions, just want to make sure i understand. 

With regard to the firmware upgrade "flash lead, firmware binary and Honeywell flash utility." Is this something i need to call an engineer out to do? Prefer not to as I am trying to manage the alarm myself now...but doesnt look like i can get the firrmware?

cheers,

Edited by leo01

AFAIK there isn't a way to check the firmware version short of connecting the module to the panel and viewing the info in the diagnostics menu. Saying that, some modules have stickers on them specifying the FW version.

If you have a G2 panel, the diagnostics menu will not show the version of the devices.  The Dimension/Flex panels show the versions.  The labels are normally correct, as the standard flash programming box requires an add-on in order to upgrade the Ethernet module.