Security Installer Community

End Of Id

Technology moves on I suppose, but I doubt if any self respecting company would just go ahead and change a perfectly working id system. Don't know much about the biscuits..if they are numbered or whatever, can't they be sorted according to the panels or systems they are supposed to work with ?

I see you use a backlit sign on buildings

Yes on our wired systems, you like?

Technology moves on I suppose, but I doubt if any self respecting company would just go ahead and change a perfectly working id system. Don't know much about the biscuits..if they are numbered or whatever, can't they be sorted according to the panels or systems they are supposed to work with ?

The issue is, for say number 10 dies, and all you have is 19. (low numbers go quick) now you have a big gap in zones! Not to mention i've been to many sites that arent well 'documented' and it costs you time!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread here. We still look after quite a bit of iD. Still got several karizma plus panels going strong, we have heaps of spare biscuits and usually replace any dead panels with texecom and an iD expander. Yet to rewire any sites to EOL though, has anyone had to rewire any iD sites to EOL yet? 

Edited by xpertalarms

10 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

Resurrecting an old thread here. We still look after quite a bit of iD. Still got several karizma plus panels going strong, we have heaps of spare biscuits and usually replace any dead panels with texecom and an iD expander. Yet to rewire any sites to EOL though, has anyone had to rewire any iD sites to EOL yet? 

Nope, went Texe route on them, works really well.

Finding Disco Biscuits is the hard bit ;-)

1 hour ago, Jms said:

Would've been loaded by now.

Not sure you would, I think faced with fix an old system for lots of dosh, versus new system for lots of dosh, even the most tightest amongst us will go for the latter 

Grading, if using mask/fault reporting you'd need to hang about 3 busicuts out of each detector 

21 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

We tend to go texe route and give the customer he choice . If it's an upgrade for say comms, rewire/configure as much h/w  as possible, then add wireless if required 

33 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

we go the hkc id route. But it means hardware upgrade. But due to the age of the system usually best anyway

I had trouble with one once , new cable tried different panel , but kept getting coms error on hkc ID , weird , it worked with wireless instead lol

Although others worked with ID fine , I think newer stuff isn't as rigid as biscuits, and even using the common leg method on older galaxy boards , forget the model but mostly old ADT systems put well together , limited for upgrading though , not enough cores on each leg 

19 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

id was designed for car use, short runs large cable etc. I've run hkc at over 200m leg length with 2 legs in the same 6 core due to 10 device limit

Yeah but your hardcore alarm monkey who swings from alarm cable and all that 

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

It's long finished

I disagree Mr H, We have quite a few systems that we have migrated from the original Menvier etc, That are now on Texecom ID.

I loved it to be honest, I really don't understand why the concept hasn't continued.

Edited by Rulland
Typo

47 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Biscuits should have a min space between them (500mm?)

You would have needed

3 biscuits in device for alarm, confirm & mask ?

The biscuits are basically a chip, not an rfid device, distance isn't a problem.

Obviously these days the requirements are different, alarm and confirmation isn't a problem, masking is.

Edited by Rulland
Typo