Security Installer Community

Android App Program?

kwc

I need a very simple program for android.

Basic screen with two input boxes, one command button

One input to enter a seed code.

Second to enter a postcode.

Hit the command button and it takes only the number values from post code and add it to the seed, then displays result

Eg

Seed =1234

Postcode =ab12 3cd

Add the 1234 to the 123 then display result

If any one can knock up this simple app, let me know.

cheers

Kev

Thought about this before but i would want it tied to our server so if an engineer leaves the app is no good

Been talked about on here before I think

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

i have written one that needs login every time to work server etc but i cant write for android and is windows .net app

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/38375-unique-engineer-codes/?hl=%2Bunique+%2Bengineer

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

My idea is not for alarm purpose in the main, but to generate a code for a site to be used by call out staff to access a key locker.

So each site is different but call out staff eg security guards etc don't carry internal keys or codes for sites.

This is a customer specific.

If they attend a site they get code then access keys.

We can use different seed codes if needed for each site if they require in the future

Also just needs to be an app, not on server

Edited by kwc

PM me and I'll give you the download URL. This means that you need to install manually on any phone, (Android allows this).  If you want something polished to a level for Google Play or some IP web based interaction, then it's a bit more work...

No, only Android.  Really simple though, so wouldn't take much to put together for the iPhone.  

Note that the postcode doesn't really offer much as it's a known constant for any premises. Since you're having to give the patrol a seed value, you may as well give them a unique code for the site and leave the postcode part out. The app doesn't offer any level of security in the equation.

It would be better if it were a password that the security patrol were given as their constant. The password + seed would then provide the code.  That way, the seed values and passwords are of no use to the holding parties unless combined. If your patrol password becomes compromised, you generate a new one and the seed changes accordingly.

• Upvote 1

Note that the postcode doesn't really offer much as it's a known constant for any premises. Since you're having to give the patrol a seed value, you may as well give them a unique code for the site and leave the postcode part out. The app doesn't offer any level of security in the equation.

It would be better if it were a password that the security patrol were given as their constant. The password + seed would then provide the code.  That way, the seed values and passwords are of no use to the holding parties unless combined. If your patrol password becomes compromised, you generate a new one and the seed changes accordingly.

Completely agree.

No, only Android.  Really simple though, so wouldn't take much to put together for the iPhone.  

Not that clever to be able to write a prog, don't know anything about it, would have loved to try it out, all our sites have unique site codes so I guess a seed code combined with the side code would be spot on.

Can you get a converter programme from Android to Apple ?

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I'm interested in this idea, I see it as a step in the right direction to be honest...

The golden question is, Whats it going to cost me to get a more polished version of this for iOS

Publishing for the iPhone is quite a bit different than publishing for Android devices.  Android allow content from the relevant content stores, but phones also allow unpublished applications to be installed. iPhone apps need to go through the Apple approval process and they need to be built with Xcode on MAC OS  (on an apple computer) with an approved developer account. Only hacked (jailbroken) iPhones can install unpublished apps.

All depends on the level of polish you require. My issue is lack of time and I'd rather polish my car, than an app GUI :)

I've been giving this some more thought over the last few days

So I decided to give our web designer a call and see what can be done

Apparently, its an absolute doddle to add this to our engineers portal, only half a days work.

So, I have instructed him to crack on with it as soon as possible and lets see how it performs.

Basics on how it will work are;

It will require a seed code can only be changed at the office by myself, Lets say its set to 0123

Engineer logs into our online portal

Once logged in, They will need a valid contract number

By entering a valid account number of 5555, and a system number of 001, This will generate a batch of codes for the site

So, all the codes will revolve around the seed code, customer account number and the system number

The unique codes generated will be G2 & G3 Intruder, Both 4 & 6 Digit along with random codes other scopes we provide

This is a typical output it will provide;

G2 IAS   -   2598

G3 IAS   -   157956

Access   -   8768

CCTV     -   6587

Every action from the point of the login screen is logged by the server, 

Any code outputs for high value sites will be denied depending on engineer rights

Once its finished, I will upload a small video of it for your opinions, But I think it will more than do the job I need

Edited by PSE

Also forgot to add, That it will check the account number to see if its currently in an active maintenance agreement

If its valid, it will issue the codes out, If its our of warranty or out of contract then it can only be generated by the office or my master user rights

This is something I wanted adding in, to make sure that there are no naughty foreigners or backhanders being done without me knowing about it.