Security Installer Community

Best Cctv For Domestic

reggie

Makes no difference, domestics think they are getting hikvision for the price of Swann.

QFA most domestic cctv jobs are not worth bothering with quoting.

We give an estimate over the phone, which gets rid off the dreamers.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

QFA most domestic cctv jobs are not worth bothering with quoting.

We give an estimate over the phone, which gets rid off the dreamers.

Lol , around here £900 for 4cams , hik dvr 8way and those little Chinese domes that cost about 20quid

I lose 80% of the quotes

• 3 months later...

it really depends on what they're looking to do with it. For the simplest user case, I've used basic cloud cams. But you have to be very careful with these because of security issues, and also they don't record 24/7. But they're good for users with very simple needs. For more advanced, I've used Samsung a few times, but clients complained about the interface. Over the last year, I switched to Xanview which is super easy to use and reasonably priced for all of their features .

• 1 month later...

Hik 8 way Tribrid DVR, 2TB drive, 4 x varifocal eyeball domes 2mp 1080p (OEM) with cabling & connection to router, setup of 2 devices is what I do for my domestics based on a half day install smack on the  money at .. then I get the know it alls who tell me they can get a "full hd professional CCTV" system from Maplins at half that price.  I normally put the phone down at that point!

The poxy domestic kits with the crappy thin cables that always end up in a balled knot, having to drill too big holes to get the connectors through, and a "kit" doesn't supply everything you need (IP rated junction box or self amalgamating tape/cable ties/clips).

Always better to supply & fit bespoke.

No prices in public please

Edited by PeterJames

it really depends on what they're looking to do with it. For the simplest user case, I've used basic cloud cams. But you have to be very careful with these because of security issues, and also they don't record 24/7. But they're good for users with very simple needs. For more advanced, I've used Samsung a few times, but clients complained about the interface. Over the last year, I switched to Xanview which is super easy to use and reasonably priced for all of their features .

They bricked the Xanview Timebox I had because they thought I was hacking it.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

OK so I see my post was edited, sorry I didn't know I shouldn't have posted a price... well most of you have seen that so yeah it's half a day for me & an assistant, I pretty much only install HD-TVI minimum 2MP 1080p & I know Hik stuff inside out so I don't go for the cheap rubbish...

And these cams are installed either under soffits or thereabouts... bear in mind that price is based on 4 hours, I always explain that if there are particularly difficult cable routes & it takes a day then it's a days money.

80% profit? Really? Well I pay to keep a couple of vans on the road, public liability insurance, commercial waste disposal, 3 office numbers, 2 mobiles, office & storage space plus all the tools & testers etc, so I guess you don't have overheads?

No offence geezer, but in any case it's standard kit at standard price to sell

Cameras won't last outside away from the sofits from what I have seen

Price is cheap personaly don't do much cctv but I would charge double lol