Security Installer Community

Homemade Bell Box

Gabs

Hello everybody!

I have a question for anybody who knows about the Risco Novagard 4 bell box. I've seen them on houses with 2 red flashing LEDs they all seem to be working correctly but the one on our house doesn't

have any LEDs flashing at all. It is connected to a Pyronix Paragon Plus alarm panel which is working fine and the alarm gets used. I have no Idea how old it is but I'm guessing mid 90s because of the colour of the bell box and the type of panel. As far as I know since we moved to our house in 2002 it has never had any LEDs flashing then ether. Here is a link to the picture:http://www.riscogroup.com/uk/sites/default/files/GT%20Products_NovaGard%204%20Cover%20WhWh.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated on solving the mystery of the bell box.

Gabs

I thought that the company who installed it may of disabled them but I did wonder why. It could be a tamper fault because whenever the alarm is set a red alarm led starts flashing on the panel

Edited by Gabs

I've forgotten what that bell does now - did a tamper disable the leds? Can't remember, must have fitted tons, esp the 4...

Thinking about it certainly pre-EN I'm sure the LEDs carried on with at least the front cover off, I'm certain.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

The panel has never shown a tamper though. Is it possible to disable them? That's the only reason I can think of because they are not flashing and it's not a tamper fault

Is it possible that an early version of the bell box didn't have any LED s at all?

I thought the bell box may of been home built by the security company which I was hoping they wouldn't have done. The bell box makes a very fast hi-lo tone is that what the Novagard bell boxes sound like?

I'm trying to solve the problem of our Risco Novagard 4 not having any flashing LEDs.

Is it possible that Risco started making the Novagard just as a plastic housing without any components in at all and companies would have to put in a siren, strobe and tamper?  Or did Risco Make it as one whole bell box with all the electronics fitted?

Thanks

Edited by Gabs

I'm trying to solve the problem of our Risco Novagard 4 not having any flashing LEDs.

Is it possible that Risco started making the Novagard just as a plastic housing without any components in at all and companies would have to put in a siren, strobe and tamper?  Or did Risco Make it as one whole bell box with all the electronics fitted?

Thanks

topics merged, see post 12 ?

Mr? Veritas God

Is it possible that Risco started making the Novagard just as a plastic housing without any components in at all and companies would have to put in a siren, strobe and tamper? Or did Risco Make it as one whole bell box with all the electronics fitted?

Thanks

More than likely as a dummy or decoy box, it would look identical but would be empty inside

Mr? Veritas God