Security Installer Community

New From West Midlands

Therealme

Hi everyone, I am new here, found this forum whilst looking for some information regarding modifying my own alarm system, looks a friendly place and feel I can learn a lot here :)

I fitted my own alarm, security cameras etc and also fitted one or two for family members over the years.

Hope to be able to contribute back to the community now and again too.

Ron

Mostly... :)

Welcome Ron, what makes of systems have you fitted so far?

Thank you for the welcome :)

The first alarm I ever fitted was early 1980's I think we got it from Argos (don't laugh) can't remember the brand but recall it was a very basic '2 wire' jobbi :( similar to bell wire. It had a white powder coated metal box with Red and Black writing on.

I then replaced that with a wireless system that wasn't very successful (also from Argos if I remember correctly)

When we had a little more cash available I fitted a custom panel I purchased from a local alarm supplier in Bearwood, think it was Chubb with the local suppliers own branding and labels.

Most recently, I fitted a Honeywell Accenta Gen 4 alarm with a Informa speech dialler (currently looking to change the dialer for a dialer that works on mobile network as I no longer have a fixed land line where the current dialer is fitted, see my post in the DIY forum area) I have also fitted a further 2 of these for family members and this is (obviously) the best and most advanced system I have fitted/ worked on (purely on a hobby/ DIY basis)

I have also fitted various CCTV systems to my own and family members properties, from IP Cameras (Edimax, Panasonic etc) to hard wired 4 camera CCTV systems (I will be upgrading the one fitted to my property next year to a 8 camera system) with HDD. I also designed and built my own HTPC system a few years ago and it is still going strong :)

Ron

Thank you for the welcome :)

The first alarm I ever fitted was early 1980's I think we got it from Argos (don't laugh) can't remember the brand but recall it was a very basic '2 wire' jobbi :( similar to bell wire. It had a white powder coated metal box with Red and Black writing on.

>> Lynteck seem to be the current 2 wire kings, I'm sure there were others!

I then replaced that with a wireless system that wasn't very successful (also from Argos if I remember correctly)

>> Perhaps a 'Response'?

When we had a little more cash available I fitted a custom panel I purchased from a local alarm supplier in Bearwood, think it was Chubb with the local suppliers own branding and labels.

>> Sounds better!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands