Security Installer Community

En regs

Brian c

I was reading in a security mag about some of the regulations and how they are going to affect us. I can't quite remember all the facts, but the general idea was that, in certain circumstances, companies that start trading in a EN country can, for a period of time, install to their own countries standards.

Like I say, I can't remember the ins and outs, but basically if a company from a country with no regulations starts trading here, they could cut all sorts of costs by using non-standard equipment and methods. This could have a crippling effect, for a time, on EN installers.

I think it was Security Manager Today August 04

They seem to think it's a real threat and I'd agree.What do you reckon?

If you don't know......ask.

I don't think it is gonna happen because everybody still has old national standards in force. I haven't read the article but could it be so that if national standards achieve EN - standards you can install in other countries as well???

I don't think it is gonna happen because everybody still has old national standards in force. I haven't read the article but could it be so that if national standards achieve EN - standards you can install in other countries as well???

26737[/snapback]

If I can install with Finnish standards there in the island, be sure to see solid stranded cable :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all relative Brian. There is nothing to stop me installing whatever i like, the only thing is, i wont be able to demand police attendance. Its no different to how it is now in that respect.

No matter what standards are in force anywhere the police will only attend if the systems meets with their requirements.

Its all relative Brian. There is nothing to stop me installing whatever i like, the only thing is, i wont be able to demand police attendance. Its no different to how it is now in that respect.

No matter what standards are in force anywhere the police will only attend if the systems meets with their requirements.

26755[/snapback]

HAH!!!! Police still takes over ANY kind of BA in GB?????? Not here before you saw the face...

Anyhow I started a new topic under Trademembers due to sensitive opinions and conclusions this will cause...

• 11 months later...

EN50131 and PD6662 are being pushed by the Insurance compaines as a better way to install Security Systems.

The cost implications will hit everybody and in theory anybody can still install a system that does not Meet Grade 1,2,or 3 ignore 4 as nobody has a panel or a detector that meets Grade 4 yet!

If somebody installs a system that doesnyt meet the relevant grade then They will not be insured by 99% of the UKs insurance companies so does it matter if the police attend a break in as they wont get paid out either way!

Another quick note on the EN standards if you install a fantastic system using Grade 3 equipment (Panel detectors contacts etc.) then Somebody at a later date replaces or installs an equipment that is a lower grade or Ungraded the whole system goes to the lower grade (or ungraded) So if a company gets Joe Bloggs Alarms (sorry Joe nothing personal) in to extend the system because there cheaper than you he must still use the same grade equipment.

Didds, you have replied to a post that is 11 months old. Correct information but I would hope that everyone knows thay by now.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived