Security Installer Community

Pub Cloud System

I'm fitting a cctv p2p, to a sky speed stream router.The pub gets cloud, its free, our system will not work with it due to permission.we have no password for the router and don't know if it is possible to reset it and then portforward. Has any one done something similar.

Hi there,

Even if you could get into the router etc, i wouldnt use this for the security system as you cannot garentee that the system would be connnected to the broad band 100% of the time as the system will most prob have IP data restrictions (i.e. to stop ip addresses sitting draining data). Also as you would have no control over the connection you cannot be sure that Port would not be closed, or the connection suspended etc. Finally if its sitting on the router that is used on for the wireless for the pub, access to the DVR etc would be pretty easy for people who were connected to the system (I have managed to connect and gain images to a DVR in a pub in London using FING network anlalyser and the defualt details to the DVR).

To save yourself headaches advise your customer to get a dedicated connection for the security system. 

Well thats what i would do anyways.

cheers,

D