Security Installer Community

Today's Interesting Bell Ringer

Got called out to this today. Bell faulty and 15 min cut out not working. Removed power and had to leave on battery. God knows how long before that runs out. Told customer to call sign people out so we can access our bell. Can't believe how thick some people can be installing that sign over bell box.

post-99-0-81772600-1430677271_thumb.jpg

Still, I expect it'll last until at least 3am  :smash:

When I went back to an out-of-contract customer having a loft extension last week (I was there for 2 days in the end, in part due to what you're about to read), builders were about to attempt to chop around a twin alert and a smoke by moving them still attatched to the plasterboard!!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

did you not remove all the sounder connections from the panel?, usually they have a cut off point after 15 mins?

need to knock off power, disconnect panel battery & then disconnect sounder cables, be careful not to touch the strobe connections as these can be around 300V

Was in an industrial estate with no residential houses nearby. Was ringing very feint.

Fair enough

Yes the client pays but would you really want to mess around with all that on a Sunday when the snooker is on?

True, been a great tournament so far

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Drill hole on side fill with expanding foam to make it quieter customer pays of course

LOL

I can only imagine his managers response when he reads that docket :lol:

Hey Ho, Lets Go