Security Installer Community

Elevator Cctv Camera System

Hi all

I am for a bit off advice I have got a site with 6 lifts and the customers wants to install camera in all the lifts. I am going to get prices from the list ft company to do the work but I am looking at using a wirless lift camera system has anyone used one before and are the ok or have you had problems with them or would you get them to cable the lift instead ?

We worked with the lift co. who installed a Cat 5 loom from car to cabinet(although it was for IP cam).  Even if using spare pairs we'd still go through lift co. to do it.

egg03064.gif

• 3 weeks later...

We worked with the lift co. who installed a Cat 5 loom from car to cabinet(although it was for IP cam).  Even if using spare pairs we'd still go through lift co. to do it.

What sort of price price does it cost to get the lift company to run cat 5 cable in the lift ?

Don't forget even if there is only a single spare pair, even if not twsited, you can get 2-wire IP transmitters such as from Solwise

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Don't forget even if there is only a single spare pair, even if not twsited, you can get 2-wire IP transmitters such as from Solwise

Hi have you got a part number I have looked on solwise website and can't find 2 wire transmitter

Edited by a1steve

Hi have you got a part number I have looked on solwise website and can't find 2 wire transmitter

http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-homeplug-tp.html

It says twisted pair but they admit themselves it works perfectly on crappy CCA doorbell cable, so should be fine on short runs and cant imagine a lift company using rubbish cables in the loom.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands