Security Installer Community

Dsc Vs. Paradox Vs. Satel

Hey everyone,

Do you guys have experience with DSC or Paradox or Satel alarms?

I'm just starting to dig myself in to the topic of alarms and I intend to start by trying to set up a very simple very small Satel alarm for the shed.
But later on I would like to learn a bit more and the 2 main companies offering courses are the alarm makes DSC and Paradox here.

I have neither the time or the money to do both, plus I think at this level that might confuse me more than be helpful.

If you are familiar with eiter (or hopefully both) which one would you recoomend?

Points I would consider are for example: User friednliness, installer friendliness, quality of their products (from panles to sensors), fullness of the product range (if they offer solutions for most needs).

I know most people are partial to the brand they know the best. :D

Thanks for your input :)

No texecom :/

I wanted to start on Aritech, a friend recommended that, but that would be very hard to source, or to get advice, since it's a brand noone heard of here.
Paradox, DSC and Satel are the thre most widespread ones, then comes Jablotron, Bosch, Crow, Bentel.

In decresaing order of their populatity :)
Pyronix, Napco in traces at best,  at the fringes. Some others exist but really extremely rare.

I opted for the Satel Versa 10 as my first learning panel, because I could get it cheap and it's widesprea enough to get information.

Here's some info in case you are curious:
http://www.satel.uk.com/alarms-versa-pcb-versa10.html

DSC was the first one here after the iron curtain went down so that's why it's such a major player I presume.

To be honest I'd argue that Aritech is pretty niche here too, not to mention esoteric!

Surprised that Jablotron isn't a bigger player, Bosch intruder panels are pretty much dead over here other than the sensors.

This is all they sell in the UK - http://uk.boschsecurity.com/uk_product/products_4/intrusionalarmsystems_5/controlpanelsandkeypads_5/easyseries_4/easyseries_4_4307

Not even quite sure who or what it's aimed at.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

datadiff: Here Bosch is aimed at high end customers and more industrial solutions. FWIW I heard their stuff is pricey but really good.
Why are you surprised that Jablotron isn't a bigger player? :)

Timmo: I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with menvier keypads, but the pyronix keypads I know don't look too much like this IMO:
VERSA-LCD-GR.jpg

http://www.satel.pl/img/products/xl/VERSA-LCD-GR.jpg