Security Installer Community

Preconfigure A Texecom Premier Elite 24-W

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outcome is one highly miffed customer.

As instructed, I had to remove the perfectly working new panel. Thankfully I had pushed the existing pir cables back into the ceiling and covered by the new pir, I was able to use some thin pliers to pull the cables back into play. Re-wired, re-zoned and commissioned. 

She was happier than when we'd shown her the new system, but I soon wiped that smile off her face when she saw the bill. She was somewhat annoyed with me because I had the audacity to charge her for the time I spent installing and commissioning of the new one, and then the old one again. 

Needless to say, there's now a marker on that customer and we will not be returning. Got her to sign a form stating we are not providing any form of warranty on the old kit we have had to replace which added to the already impressive bulldog-chewing-a-wasp face that she'd been pulling.

The new system has been re-coded this afternoon, and is out to a new customer tomorrow. 

Thanks again, to everyone here for the assistance in getting my head round the learning/mesh networking.