Security Installer Community

A Bit Of Help With Pet Immune Detectors

sw46

Right then chaps

Just been for a survey and the client has 6 Italian whippets ranging from 6-16kg.  She says they jump up onto window sills/worktops and they have free reign of the house when the humans are out. Any ideas on pet immune detectors or just tell her to lock them in a room when she goes out?  Was thinking of contacts on all windows but she was thinking of having it policed so this wouldnt give me my confirmed alarm.  Bit stumped at the moment so any help would be greatly appreciated :proud:

cheers

Hi there, I deleted your duplicate thread btw - please only start a topic in one forum.

Anyway, we've got whippets and I know Italian ones are usually really tiny.

I have just done a job using Siemens e-Line with 6 cats, and all seems well so far.

If it wasn't policed I'd say give it a cautious try... And if the dogs are like most sighthounds and

the owner is like most whippet owners, it's not usually possible or desireable  to confine them to small space.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Right then chaps

Just been for a survey and the client has 6 Italian whippets ranging from 6-16kg. She says they jump up onto window sills/worktops and they have free reign of the house when the humans are out. Any ideas on pet immune detectors or just tell her to lock them in a room when she goes out? Was thinking of contacts on all windows but she was thinking of having it policed so this wouldnt give me my confirmed alarm. Bit stumped at the moment so any help would be greatly appreciated :proud:

cheers

So basically forget all pirs except one or two , and shocks and contacts on every opener

nice job for you

Plus beams

Hi not sure if you have already looked at any install manuals for detectors but I've done a few with pet immunity and anywhere where pets can get up at a certain height can cause false alarms so be careful.  just as an example I've attached a link to a Honeywell activ8 pet immune detector.  I would at least mount it so it won't point towards anywhere that allows the dogs to be in a closer range to the detector, but if you also think about it a bunch of dogs could maybe pass as something larger that could trigger a false alarm?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Ade/TSACTIV8DT_Instructions.pdf

I'd recommend the siemens pir. Tested with a single large lab with np false alarms so far

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/siemens-admq12ee01-eline-12m-wide-angle-pet-immune-pir-p-3131.html

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'd recommend the siemens pir. Tested with a single large lab with np false alarms so far

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/siemens-admq12ee01-eline-12m-wide-angle-pet-immune-pir-p-3131.html

As above have used the above with 6 cats and another customer for 6 months with 2 large labs (now just one, sadly!).

Both monitored systems, set regularly.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 1 month later...

If they jump up on windowsills etc within 2 metres of the pir then false alarms will occur. Pet sensors do not cure all ills (salesmen/ surveyors) will say otherwise.

If the client absolutley wants the pets to have free roam then contacts on all perimeter doors/ windows and then confirmedl intervention visual or acoustic via the ARC? Lots of money.

It's a compromise. I would rather if they had pets then focus on a decent security system and keep the pets in the kitchen.