Security Installer Community

Fire Panel

We've been asked to look at taking over this system, before we decide is anyone here familiar with these panels and they easily takeover-able?

Its not a big system, not really worth much hassle over.

post-28924-0-33660300-1427449390_thumb.j

post-28924-0-81075500-1427449486_thumb.j

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

That's an unbranded Gent Nano panel, Sentri is what gent give to you as you work up to being an approved gent installer. You should be able to do the basic maintenance, but you will pay a premium to get the parts of you dint become a sentri dealer (if they let you)

Funny enough i have been working on one these the last two weeks, had to re do the device list, what a ball ache through the front end.

If its an older one, standard s quad devices will work.

General servicing is easy enough.

You can get sentri parts off the tinternet but they are pricey. Find out what version it is.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Funny enough i have been working on one these the last two weeks, had to re do the device list, what a ball ache through the front end.

Thats a major flaw in gents allocate a loop with a duff device and everything is out of sync we took over a system with 4 networked panels and about 1000 devices all had wrong text or no text at all,re done through front end proper ball ache lol

Around five years ago the student letting agency had us inspect and test this system, the landlord is well dodgy especially with regards to fire safety, he's a cnut.

I suggested that the electric water storage tank rooms on each floor should have detection in them.

Due to the landlord being very slow to pay, i told to do one.

Then 4 years later the student firm had a shake up with the fire officer, anyhow they get me to service this system again, device labels are out, then noticed he had some bodge it sparks wanna-be's in, they had installed around 6 extra heads, that had shifted device names along at different points in the building.

On my last 6 monthly visit, only one device label remained, and that was wrong.

Ive been told you can't erase the device labels by mistake, either someone went into engineering and cleared them or maybe plugged lappy in with wrong software on it.

Took me 4 hours to do 60 labels, never come across such a ball ache way of doing it, but most other addressable systems i work on, i have the software - so to do 1000 would have made me cry, lol.

All codes changed now, hope that helps keeping the tw@ts out.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Around five years ago the student letting agency had us inspect and test this system, the landlord is well dodgy especially with regards to fire safety, he's a cnut.I suggested that the electric water storage tank rooms on each floor should have detection in them.Due to the landlord being very slow to pay, i told to do one.Then 4 years later the student firm had a shake up with the fire officer, anyhow they get me to service this system again, device labels are out, then noticed he had some bodge it sparks wanna-be's in, they had installed around 6 extra heads, that had shifted device names along at different points in the building.On my last 6 monthly visit, only one device label remained, and that was wrong.Ive been told you can't erase the device labels by mistake, either someone went into engineering and cleared them or maybe plugged lappy in with wrong software on it.Took me 4 hours to do 60 labels, never come across such a ball ache way of doing it, but most other addressable systems i work on, i have the software - so to do 1000 would have made me cry, lol.All codes changed now, hope that helps keeping the tw@ts out.

I'm no expert on them but I think you can lose them if you try a loop recover,I've never tried it tho and as long as you do a loop back up for any changes seems to be fine touch wood,great panels when you just let them be lol

Job done, pretty painless in the end.

Thanks lads.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 3 weeks later...