Security Installer Community

SL Compact

Guest ceemgee

Guest ceemgee

I wonder whether anyone has a manual for a SL Compact alarm system, which was installed in my house when I moved in?

I am unable to find it on the Net, as I don't know what SL stands for.

Help!

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Same as ceemgee. Is there a copy of the SL Compact alarm system manual. I have recently moved flat and my security number has been left as was by the previous owner.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest jiveturkey

HELLO DID YOU GET A MANUAL FOR YOUR SL COMPACT ALARM, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME I NEED TO RESET THE PANEL AFTER A TAMPER I CUT THHROUGH A WIRE WHEN I WAS DOING SOME FLOORING I RE CONNECTED THE CABLE AND THERE IS A TAMPER ON THE PANEL AND I CANT USE IT I KNOW THE SECURITY CODE AS IT IS MY HOUSE PLEASE CAN YOU CALL ME ON [EDITED] OR E MAIL ME : [EDITED] THANK

AKAY

Edited by datadiffusion
Personal details removed as I was reading this anyway

The cable you cut must have been to a powered detector, so you have blown the control panels 1A 20mm fast blow fuse, this is why the panel wont reset and still shows a tamper fault.

Youll need to replace the AUX fuse to get the panel working again, or call an engineer to get the system serviced (He`ll sort out the problem while servicing the system) and advise you of any other causes for concern, such as a dead battery. etc etc.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have an SL Compact in my house that was already installed. I have the user pin but not the engineer code. I think the panel is based around the Optima or Acenta based on this forum. Whilst I have manuals for these I dont have one for the SL.

I have the manual for the Accenta range, and have attached a page of it here. If the SL Compact is just rebranded Accenta then I reckon I can just follow the procedure in this manual? But would still be good to get a clear cut answer and manual!

It would be a great help if you could let me have a link or copy of the instaltion manual for the SL Compact so I can reset the NVR and reconfigure the panel.

Thanks,

Nev/.

accenta.bmp

Edited by Nev

Why would you want to reset the nvr? if you know the user pin you can change the code, I cant think what else you would want to program?

Pete

Pete,

I want to reprogram the set programs to chose the PIRs in use. As far as I am aware this requires an engineer code, as I dont have this I was going to reset the NVR and basically set the whole thing up properly from scratch. There are a few othert abnomilies that the installer set, such as a zone 1 that has no sensors connected etc. Generally looks like a cowboy fitted the alarm or a DIYer.

If your saying that I can reset the engineer code with my user code then please tell me how as I have no manual for the panel.

Any help appreciated,

Nev

Edited by Nev

You can reset the user code with the user number.

We cannot give out engineer manuals on this site.

I still dont understand why you need one? and whats an nvr anyway?

Well, I would have hoped that a professional installer had an idea what nvr was reqgarding a panel. I'm more used to fire panels having worked for Gent in the past. You dont seem to comprehend my message, I am quite aware how to change a user code! I need to reprogram the panel as its been set up by a installation cowboy, seem to be a few about from what I've heard so far.

I guess the users of this site just dont have an SL Compact engineer manual.

I think you may be referring to the 'NVM'?

Engineering information (including manuals) is only available to trade members of this site.

If you are not in the trade I would recommend you get a professional installer to service and reprogram your system fo you.

If you don't know......ask.

I think you may be referring to the 'NVM'?

Engineering information (including manuals) is only available to trade members of this site.

If you are not in the trade I would recommend you get a professional installer to service and reprogram your system fo you.

Yeah your right NVM = Non Volatile Memory also known as NVR = Non Volatile RAM, tis all the same thing!

I am not a "professional" alarm installer, but I am a professional Electrical Engineer having designed the sort of systems you guys are installing! Hence I always fitted my own!

Still I understand your concerns no matter how inappropriate they are.

• 2 months later...

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM. I MOVED INTO THIS HOUSE AND WAS GIVEN THE ALARM NUMBER BUT THE PREVIOUS OWNERS ALSO KNOW THE NUMBER. I CAN SET THE ALARM BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE NUMBER FOR SECURITY PURPOSES. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO IT??

Guest Peter James

Hi Lab

If you know the current user code we can tell you how to change it, if you dont then you need to call the installer who can default it for you.

Its a good idea to get it serviced anyway.

Pete

Hi Lab

If you know the current user code we can tell you how to change it, if you dont then you need to call the installer who can default it for you.

Its a good idea to get it serviced anyway.

Pete

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, I'VE FOUND A USER MANUAL ONLINE SO I'VE CHANGED THE CODE FOR NOW AND I WILL GET IT SERVICED AS SOON AS POSS.

• 14 years later...
On 25/01/2004 at 23:07, Guest jiveturkey said:

HELLO DID YOU GET A MANUAL FOR YOUR SL COMPACT ALARM, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME I NEED TO RESET THE PANEL AFTER A TAMPER I CUT THHROUGH A WIRE WHEN I WAS DOING SOME FLOORING I RE CONNECTED THE CABLE AND THERE IS A TAMPER ON THE PANEL AND I CANT USE IT I KNOW THE SECURITY CODE AS IT IS MY HOUSE PLEASE CAN YOU CALL ME ON [EDITED] OR E MAIL ME : [EDITED] THANK

AKAY

Did you get a manual for the SL compact? I need to get hold of one to try to reset an alarm as we’ve moved into a new house and haven’t a clue of the code!

• Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, Joned1 said:

Did you get a manual for the SL compact? I need to get hold of one to try to reset an alarm as we’ve moved into a new house and haven’t a clue of the code!

You think after 16years he has hopefully binned the alarm altogether.....

Not sure if you will get a reply 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Joned1 said:

If you dont know the code then the user manual wont be much help, take a look at the bell box to see if thee is an installers name on it, give them a call and they will default the code for you for a small charge  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

If you dont know the code then the user manual wont be much help, take a look at the bell box to see if thee is an installers name on it, give them a call and they will default the code for you for a small charge  

Hopefully they still in busines to....

Doubt charge will be small tho , it's a matter of what you think is small ?

• 7 months later...
On 16/08/2003 at 07:52, Guest ceemgee said:

I wonder whether anyone has a manual for a SL Compact alarm system, which was installed in my house when I moved in?

I am unable to find it on the Net, as I don't know what SL stands for.

Help!

Thanks.

Hi, did you get a manual for the system, I’ve lost mine and need one