Security Installer Community

SL Compact

Guest ceemgee

Guest ceemgee

I wonder whether anyone has a manual for a SL Compact alarm system, which was installed in my house when I moved in?

I am unable to find it on the Net, as I don't know what SL stands for.

Help!

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Same as ceemgee. Is there a copy of the SL Compact alarm system manual. I have recently moved flat and my security number has been left as was by the previous owner.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest jiveturkey

HELLO DID YOU GET A MANUAL FOR YOUR SL COMPACT ALARM, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME I NEED TO RESET THE PANEL AFTER A TAMPER I CUT THHROUGH A WIRE WHEN I WAS DOING SOME FLOORING I RE CONNECTED THE CABLE AND THERE IS A TAMPER ON THE PANEL AND I CANT USE IT I KNOW THE SECURITY CODE AS IT IS MY HOUSE PLEASE CAN YOU CALL ME ON [EDITED] OR E MAIL ME : [EDITED] THANK

AKAY

Edited by datadiffusion
Personal details removed as I was reading this anyway

The cable you cut must have been to a powered detector, so you have blown the control panels 1A 20mm fast blow fuse, this is why the panel wont reset and still shows a tamper fault.

Youll need to replace the AUX fuse to get the panel working again, or call an engineer to get the system serviced (He`ll sort out the problem while servicing the system) and advise you of any other causes for concern, such as a dead battery. etc etc.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have an SL Compact in my house that was already installed. I have the user pin but not the engineer code. I think the panel is based around the Optima or Acenta based on this forum. Whilst I have manuals for these I dont have one for the SL.

I have the manual for the Accenta range, and have attached a page of it here. If the SL Compact is just rebranded Accenta then I reckon I can just follow the procedure in this manual? But would still be good to get a clear cut answer and manual!

It would be a great help if you could let me have a link or copy of the instaltion manual for the SL Compact so I can reset the NVR and reconfigure the panel.

Thanks,

Nev/.

accenta.bmp

Edited by Nev

Why would you want to reset the nvr? if you know the user pin you can change the code, I cant think what else you would want to program?

Pete

Pete,

I want to reprogram the set programs to chose the PIRs in use. As far as I am aware this requires an engineer code, as I dont have this I was going to reset the NVR and basically set the whole thing up properly from scratch. There are a few othert abnomilies that the installer set, such as a zone 1 that has no sensors connected etc. Generally looks like a cowboy fitted the alarm or a DIYer.

If your saying that I can reset the engineer code with my user code then please tell me how as I have no manual for the panel.

Any help appreciated,

Nev

Edited by Nev