Security Installer Community

Hd-Tvi/hd-Sdi/hd-Cvi/ip Test Monitors

Steven_W

I have a standard analogue test monitor with all the usual PTZ controls, LAN cable pin to pin tester etc, but now I'm pretty much only installing HD systems, mainly over coax, but some IP also.

I want a test monitor that I can connect directly to any camera that covers all types.  At the moment I'm installing the cabling first, then the DVR & connecting to the network so I have remote viewing on my phone app for camera adjustment when I put cameras up.  This is OK but sometimes I might have a customer with poor wifi and I have no 3G (like I did on a job last week).

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

a big blue 'un off fleabay ?

£250 ish ?

looks the bee's knees, however can you buy one 1st & do a little review before I buy mine ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-IPC-8600M-7-Touch-ONVIF-IP-CAMERA-DISPLAY-PTZ-TESTER-Digital-Multi-meter-POE-/281534882525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item418cc962dd

Mr? Veritas God

What cameras are you using?

You can get HD test monitors but I've not seen them for less than a hundred quid.

On the Dauha HD cvi cams you can short a link on the cable which makes the output analogue for use with a test moniter.

I use my laptop as a test monitor for IP, although I need an extension lead to power my mid span if it's a POE camera.

Why not just use a tab, sure there is a bit of a delay but it does the job and there is less of a H&S working at heights worries

Guys there's a new tablet we use which is called Linx, not expensive at around 170 for 10.1 inch and supports COMS, and a USB slot to plug in adapters or anything you would In a conventional computer/laptop. Come in 7/8 and 10 inch.

CCTV Distributor of AcuraPRO and Samsung CCTV Equipment -

Trade Customers: www.acurasystemsdirect.com

Guys there's a new tablet we use which is called Linx, not expensive at around 170 for 10.1 inch and supports COMS, and a USB slot to plug in adapters or anything you would In a conventional computer/laptop. Come in 7/8 and 10 inch.

I looked at those a while back. What are they like to use onsite tho? The specs didn't seem that great I thought the wouldnt be up to the job

I looked at those a while back. What are they like to use onsite tho? The specs didn't seem that great I thought the wouldnt be up to the job

They are very good mate, the low clock speed on the processor is off putting but it takes on most of the tasks our computer does but it's really portable, weighs the same as an ipad air and has 32gb inluded (upgradable to a lot more via micro sd)

They are very good mate, the low clock speed on the processor is off putting but it takes on most of the tasks our computer does but it's really portable, weighs the same as an ipad air and has 32gb inluded (upgradable to a lot more via micro sd)

Might take another look at them.

Really fancied the Surface Pro but can't justify the cost for how much its gonna get used.

Might take another look at them.

Really fancied the Surface Pro but can't justify the cost for how much its gonna get used.

We were looking at them aswell but it doesn't add up when you get the same output out of a Linx compared to the Surface. The surface is a sweet piece of kit though.

Thanks for all the replies fellers... imagine for a minute that you are on a HD-TVI install for a rich old couple who couldn't care less about remote viewing and are not even on the internet.  I can't even connect to a router just so I have wifi and in turn to an app on the phone as the walls are so thick I can't get signal outside... in these situations I really need a tester with the ability to read HD-TVI cameras.

I'm using these ones:

http://www.miecctv.co.uk/alliance-hd-tvi-1080p-cctv-dome-camera-30m-ir-2-8-12mm-varifocal-lens-white/

I've done 3 installs with these in the last week, all working well...

That blue one looks OK... might give it a whirl...