Security Installer Community

Anybody With Experience On Farm Jobs?

Hi, 

Going to be doing a full alarm install for a farm, now I've noticed that the the Barnes will need some form of protection, my first instinct is to use door contacts to prevent false alarms.  The only problem I'm having is to find a door contact with an IP rating that will prevent corrosion or any build up of dust etc.

I was thinking I could maybe find some sort of cover to make a cheaper door contact Ip rated, or apply a silicone sealant around it? 

Anybody got any ideas?

cheers

Matt

Edited by matt5595

Hi, 

Going to be doing a full alarm install for a farm, now I've noticed that the the Barnes will need some form of protection, my first instinct is to use door contacts to prevent false alarms.  The only problem I'm having is to find a door contact with an IP rating that will prevent corrosion or any build up of dust etc.

I was thinking I could maybe find some sort of cover to make a cheaper door contact Ip rated, or apply a silicone sealant around it? 

Anybody got any ideas?

cheers

Matt

Beams

depending on the type of farm it is beams might not be suitable,for contacts I'd use roller shutter contacts glanded either into a conduit box or small ip rated jb,but I'd also look at installing all cables in heavy duty plastic conduit due to mice rats etc which will eat any exposed cable more so in a farm environment where they are plenty