Security Installer Community

Hd-Sdi Vs Hd-Tvi

Is the analogue bit correct though?

What analogue bit?

Some of the dahua DVRs are a full tribrid (fitted them myself) and they will take HDCVI & Analoguge cameras & up to a certain amount of IP cams.

Plug and play as well, the DVR will automatically sense the resolution of the input and display the image from the camera.

Luxrob I don't know where you got your information on HDCVI from but its incorrect, maybe you should actually do some research on your competition instead of using your "findings" of CVI / TVI to upsell your HDSDI Products

I have installed HDSDI and rate it but I also install a lot of HDCVI which is 25fps @ 1080p, I have no issues with either apart from the cable limit on the HDSDI

Your comparison of CVI being lesser quality and more restrictions than TVI / SDI are warranted on what ?

HDSDI

1080p

25fps

100m cable on RG59

HDCVI

1080p

25fps

700m on RG6

500m on RG59

300m on CAT5e

Control over COAX

I don't see the lesser in the above? I can tell you in the real world I have a few HDCVI running at 418m on RG59 so I am happy with the claims on cable distance

Just for comparison on your UNIVERSAL VECTUS DVR the dvr I use from Dahua is any channel HDCVI or Analogue or IP so true Tribrid @ 1080p

I cant comment of TVI as I don't use Hikvision equipment

Hi Neutech,

Appreciate your comments on the subject.

Would appreciate it more without the sarcastic tone......

Again, let me quote "Again, do not take this for complete fact, but I have done my own research and used different units in the past, the above is what I found."

Perhaps the resolution and FPS restrictions I refer to are based on the earlier CVI units. I know they have more recently updated and released different units such as the Tribrid which can achieve 1080p real- time. That is the only CVI model that can achieve this, the other models are restricted to 720p max resolution.

A lot of my information is sourced from installers all across the UK who use these units on a daily basis, the other half is from competitor websites and spec sheets.

Perhaps I am been provided with the wrong information, please educate rather than criticize, I am on this forum to learn and help people if I can.

Looks like you are just trying to pitch your products as better than others by giving false information tbh this is just an observation on my part dont take it as offensive but what you posted there makes you look untrustworthy and weasly.

Petrolhead,

Sorry I think this is a little harsh we certainly wouldn't want to look untrustworthy or weasely as you say. We was only looking to give a better outlook on the whole SDI/TVI/CVI debate like everyone else in the post. We have gathered our information through installers and competitors spec sheets but everyone has their own opinions. 

Our company look to give reliable and trustworthy information to our customer and potential customers on every aspec of the cctv market and equipment out there.

We are an honest company who we will give you honest opinions on our kit and others out on the market never looking to slate or talk down other peoples kit.

Looks like you are just trying to pitch your products as better than others by giving false information tbh this is just an observation on my part dont take it as offensive but what you posted there makes you look untrustworthy and weasly.

Hi Petrol Head,

Your observation is duly noted.

If attempting to answer a question to the best of knowledge is untrustworthy and "weasly", then that is what I must be.  

In future it may be best if I don't attempt to help.

Done a bit of research

SDI I as we know digital

The others are analogue

From what I have read even the manufacturers of tvi say that sdi has better image quality.

But id guess its negligible.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your replies gents, quite a thread!  Well, since posting this I have done 3 installs with Hikvision tribrid recorders (HD Turbo variety) and 2 using the Dahua kit.  The Hikvision is 1080p 2mp & the Dahua is 720p 1.3mp, all using varifocal domes.

Well, quite honestly, they all work great & finding differences is hard.

I'm still really none the wiseras to which is best, but I am finding the tribrid Hikvision HD Turbo with associated cameras from MIECCTV is generating the highest profit margin.  I've had no call backs & rock solid performance.  Easy to use interface with all the features you expect.

The Dahua stuff is also great but slightly more expensive.

Over thepast 4 years I have installed so many different bits of kit to try to find a decent regular supplier that I can get to know inside out... year before last I installed several Luxrite systems, then last year mainly Alien DVRs from Systemq.  All work great with no issues, but price wise more costly.

I suppose time will tell whether I get a call back after a year or 5 years!

Thanks again for all your replies...