Security Installer Community

New Router And Risco Cloud

Squidger

Hi all,

We have a Risco Lightsys alarm fitted and control it through an Android App via Risco Cloud.  We wanted to swap out our router for a new Belkin one with more features for our business but Risco Cloud isn't liking it and I get a 'panel not connected' fault.

I have changed the IP setting on the Lightsys panel so it can see the new router but it still doesn't want to connect to the cloud.  Would anything need to be changed on the router or is there something I'm missing in the Lightsys menus?

Any guidance anyone can give on this would be much appreciated.  I thought it would be a fairly simple swap but maybe not :no:

Did the ip range change? for example 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.0.1 if so the panel probably needs the power recycling as the panel is still trying to connect to the old ip. If the ip range is the same then my advise would be call your installer you should probably do this anyway

the risco cloud could be down.

Don't think its the cloud, we've got a agility on test in the office and it seems to be connecting to that okay.

Try resetting the network settings on the panel.

Can you ping it over the local network?

not sure what ports the lightsys uses but IIRC the agility was fairly high