Security Installer Community

Flood Detector

Avago19

Hi, apologies if this may of been duplicated before but I cannot find the answer I require.

I have a client with a Visconic Powermaster installation and they require a flood detector..... Easy I thought as they are listed as an option, but buying one is a problem as they are not available in the uk for the powermaster. Having spoken to Visonic there are no planned dates they can give as to when it will be released.

In the meantime I am thinking I can use the aux input on the door contact module and hard wire a flood sensor to that... Does anyone know of a suitable sensor with a N/O output contacts that would be suitable. (There is NO provision for power in the basement so looking for a passive device)

Thanks in advance.

…….. thanks….. but this is not compatible with the powermaster range, only powermax. Confirmed by Visonic…..  They suggest using door contact auxiliary input…. so I am thinking connect this > http://www.ultrasecu…lood_float.html to the N/O contacts for the trigger...

thoughts please and appreciated ?

Panel only been installed 2 yrs I'm told. client has big system with the remote lcd keypads etc only available on the powermaster. Don't think its viable to tell them to spend money ripping panel out just for a flood detector addition as spent £3k putting it al in!!!!

Can you send me a link to the Powermac One you are referring me to ? Can't locate!

Thanks

That float detector will need a certain amount of water before it sits up and triggers which could be 10 -20 cm deep

you need something thats detects water by resistance

http://www.jablotron.com/en/product-catalogue-1/alarms/wired-devices/detectors/environmental/ld-12.aspx

or posh one

http://www.fibaro.com/uk/the-fibaro-system/flood-sensor

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi Nova, thanks for your advice. I've looked into this but these require power to which I don't have in this location. (see orig posting) Float moving up shaft to trigger event I think will be acceptable for this situation.

Interested to see what a powermax one receiver is ?

In the meantime I am thinking I can use the aux input on the door contact module and hard wire a flood sensor to that... 

Soz, re read your post, your hardwiring back to a wireless contact, cant see why the float switch wouldn't work then as long as it gets enough water to tip it over and float.

• Upvote 1

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.