Security Installer Community

Another Quality Job

whistle

I go out to a job we took over from a local approved company a couple of years ago. Monitored key holder only response.

Anyhow the call came in customer reporting that the carpet fitter was refusing to fit new carpets in the hall due to the alarm cables. When we took over the job we had no idea what was lurking under the hall carpet.

post-1613-0-99010300-1422378100_thumb.jp

Never seen anything this bad before.

post-1613-0-35853600-1422378138_thumb.jp

It's all now been removed and recabled properly.

I came across something similar to that. looking for a fault, I followed a cabled to a hole in the floor there was another cable coming up from the same hole going another direction. I assumed that the cable went under the floor and back to the panel. No, five meters of cable went into the hole and came back out again then carried on around the the carpet threshold back to the panel. I spent ages looking for the other end before I decided to pull on the cable. The fault was under the floor a mouse had chewed the cable

You don't get this **** with wireless.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 4 weeks later...