Security Installer Community

help for a novice

Guest nigelbt

Guest nigelbt

Hi again Dave, another question, i have installed resistor on keypad and all other things are ok, problem is when i power up keypad makes a continual chirping noise and display is on but only blocks displayed across whole of screen, can you advise me please,thanks ,Nigel.

Check the A and B wires are correctly wired at the panel and keypad.

Check the Keypad Selector switch is set at "0" or possibly "1"

The 680 ohm resistor should be accross the A and B terminals.

Follow these instructions to do a keypad self_test.

keypad_diagnostic.jpg

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest nigelbt

Thanks Dave, all connections are ok, i have tried to do a self test but no change, only thing i did notice was power - termination came out whilst i was fiddling and display still flashed showing mk v11 keypad, v.3.00 and whan i let go of the ent key it showed "alarm active" flashing (not sure if this has any relevance as only + connected, i have made sure all other connections and lids are secure but still same problem, i cant even get an option up to try any codes, Nigel.

The Alarm Active display was the panels way of asking you to enter either a User or Engineers code, so at the point mentioned earlier in your message a code should have been entered.

Also check the selector switch at the rear of the Keypad, try powering up with the selector set at 0 and if that doesnt work try setting the selector to 1.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest nigelbt

Hi again Dave i am just posting this message to thank you for your help, i rang galaxy helpdesk today and have tried a number of things including resetting all codes but could not get it to work, the gent on galaxy has told me it looks like the panel is shot, i am trying to get another panel now and will post some more questions if thats ok if i get stuck with that one, thanks again, Nigel.

Archived