Security Installer Community

Texecom Cie Fault - Control4 System

CIE Fault is basically the control panel "crashing" and will require a power cycle to clear normally. You will also notice the time resets as well.

With faults like this it is best to isolate one thing at a time to diagnose the issue. Personally I would start by ruling out if it is the comms that is causing the issue in the first place.

FWIW all the CIE faults I have had in the past have been mains related, mains spikes, prepay meters/MCBs tripping out, noisy equipment on same CU.

Does the timing of the issue relate to any changes or new equipment?

• 1 year later...

We have had this happening on a site over the past week. I notice its a year old thread and there was no conclusion so I thought I would add what we know.

We had this last year on a 2.09 system and were told that the latest 2.11 firmware would resolve it and it did.

The job this week has a 2.11 big yellow sticker so we thought its not that and tried various PC and IP com cards and asking the client if they have any new electrical gear causing noise, well after speaking to Texecom this afternoon it turns out we have 2.11.4 and the fix was not until 2.11.10 so we are going there next week to flash the system to the latest 2.11 version.

Bizarre thing is the panel has had no issue for 9 months, go figure!

I hope this helps anyone who googles CIE Fault as I did and came across this this thread.

By the way hello all :proud:

Ian

Edited by 21stCenturyElec