Security Installer Community

PDA's for theStaff

Guest Dave the alarm man

Guest Dave the alarm man
Dave an update on the PDA thing. As i described we are using PDA with GPRS 6310 on orange. This was due to the call sharing on O2 XDA not being viable to us. Have you seen the new Orange SPV M2000 yet. I was looking for new PDA's when i came across this. On upgrade 5 phones/PDA's are £90 each this will save me nearly a grand on PDA's. waiting for them to come into stock so dont order any until i get mine.

Jef

36143[/snapback]

Not moved foward on the pda thing as yet, but thank for keep us posted.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave an update on the PDA thing. As i described we are using PDA with GPRS 6310 on orange. This was due to the call sharing on O2 XDA not being viable to us. Have you seen the new Orange SPV M2000 yet. I was looking for new PDA's when i came across this. On upgrade 5 phones/PDA's are £90 each this will save me nearly a grand on PDA's. waiting for them to come into stock so dont order any until i get mine.

Jef

36143[/snapback]

We too ue the 6310 with an hp pda

i presume the m2000 is capable of running mentor?

is the battery life in use better than an normal pda?

is the an car kit/cradle available so as you can use legally on move/charge whilst driving?

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

We too ue the 6310 with an hp pda

i presume the m2000 is capable of running mentor?

is the battery life in use better than an normal pda?

is the an car kit/cradle available so as you can use legally on move/charge whilst driving?

36511[/snapback]

Don’t know yet haven’t got one. It wont matter either as we will use the Arkron GPS mount with co-pilot live and job no’s as POI. so the thing will be on charge all the time. I looked at Mentor (its just a business package) and bloody expensive,

Jef

Customers!

cost is'nt my department i just use it! :blink:

its just we use the PDA for calls/papaerwork etc and the phone as a phone so to speak (and to recieve the calls as e-mails etc).

it would be a lot easy with just one unit. the maim reason the company did,nt get the PDA as a phone was the non avaialabity of an suitable car kit.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

cost is'nt my department i just use it! :blink:

it would be a lot easy with just one unit. the maim reason the company did,nt get the PDA as a phone was the non avaialabity of an suitable car kit.

36516[/snapback]

Paul We use the exact same set up as you at the moment 6310 +PDA + blue tooth earpiece + co-pilot live. It seems you are lite years a head of the crowd. Will keep you posted when i (If it ever arrives) get the new all in one phone.

jef

Customers!

Paul We use the exact same set up as you at the moment 6310 +PDA + blue tooth earpiece + co-pilot live. It seems you are lite years a head of the crowd. Will keep you posted when i (If it ever arrives) get the new all in one phone.

jef

36520[/snapback]

what is co-pilot live? (i have an sat nav. - tom tom go)

have you ordered the SPV M2000 ?

i checked the orange site but it does'nt say anything about

car kits?

i was thinking of upgrading my own personal phone to the Orange SPV M2000 but i need to wait until they are in stock to get an upgrade cost.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

what is co-pilot live?

have you ordered the  SPV M2000 ?

i checked the orange site but it does'nt say anything about

car kits?

i was thinking of upgrading my own personal phone to the Orange SPV M2000 but i need to wait until they are in stock to get an upgrade cost.

36593[/snapback]

Paul, Co pilot is same as TOM TOM only differs as it has live comms to the PDA, It has traffic update and the missus can find you on the internet. Oh yea and for me it works in southern ireland. The Arkon kit is circa £80 and orange want £90 for the upgrade.

Jef

Customers!

thanks

have you an web link for purchasing of the arkon kit (suitable for the SPV M2000 & for HP). i did a search and found mainly American or expanseys

ta

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

have you an web link for purchasing of the arkon kit (suitable for the SPV M2000 & for HP). i did a search and found mainly American or expanseys

36639[/snapback]

Found this on the boxArkon got mine from CLOVE Tip don’t get the bluetooth one get the unit with attached GPS (a lesson from experience) i think the adaptor is the same as the XDA

Jef

Customers!

Gents,

I have produced some fire maintenance documents for my lads to upload and down load when carrying out service visits.

They are in Excel, Pocket Excel doesn

Big Jig.

Trade Member

Quality Manager

Direct Security Systems (Midlands) Limited

NSI Gold.

Good engineers always ask questions!!

Archived