Security Installer Community

PDA's for theStaff

Guest Dave the alarm man

Guest Dave the alarm man

Has anybody lobbed the job sheets out & moved to pda's yet?

Where toying with the idea (currently using Pc data's Alarm Master)

And I was wondering what your pratical experiances have been?, using Mentor / Alarm Master ect... before we take the plunge.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where toying with the idea (currently using Pc data's Alarm Master)

And I was wondering what your pratical experiances have been?, using Mentor / Alarm Master ect... before we take the plunge.

25937[/snapback]

We are going to try HP iPaq h6340 as soon it is available. Almost like PC + it has GSM/GPRS/Wi-Fi and camera.. But no experience yet..

By now everybody has a laptop which is ofcourse good, but something you can't really carry with you all the time.

Though I don't believe that laptops disappear, but are not needed as often.

Dave

Im pleased to say we are completely wire free. This subject has been approached on a number of occasions on this forum and i have had some members give me advice. Needles to say i have checked out the advice and am quite satisfied that no other alarm data co is able to supply the wire free fix we have. If you are interested in how we use our product PM me and i will run you through the system and pitfalls.

Jef

Customers!

Dave

Im pleased to say we are completely wire free. This subject has been approached on a number of occasions on this forum and i have had some members give me advice. Needles to say i have checked out the advice and am quite satisfied that no other alarm data co is able to supply the wire free fix we have. If you are interested in how we use our product PM me and i will run you through the system and pitfalls.

Jef

25954[/snapback]

Can I PM you too? I am very interested to be completely wire free too.

25968[/snapback]

No point! our Database is based around ACPO, BS4737 & NACOSS It is also dependant on a tracking system that may not be available in Finland (although it does take in most of Europe).

Jef

Customers!

25968[/snapback]

No point! our Database is based around ACPO, BS4737 & NACOSS It is also dependant on a tracking system that may not be available in Finland (although it does take in most of Europe).

Jef

25973[/snapback]

For the moment there is not any kind of official regulations in Finland. Insurance companies are having their own system but they don't mind if system isn't made according to them :lol: . Anyhow, soon we all have EN - dictations, so if your database is based around ACPO, BS4737 & NACOSS ( I have no idea what they are but I guess they have something to do with regulations :huh: ) it is okay with me :yes: .

We're using XDA11 with Mentor software. Its great not having to write down a name address etc. The GPRS can be a bit flaky though, usually a soft reset does the trick.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

we,ve just being issued with HP IPAQ POCKET PC,with mentor software.

i never spoken to office so little!! ;)

the IPAQ also has some software on it called nevo that you can utilize to turn the IPAQ into a remote control for anything that is controlled by an IR remote - such fun!! :lol:

one of the disappointing things about the IPAQ is its battery : - you have to keep it constantly on charge when not in use otherwise it goes flat and you lose all your data - its already caught me out oncerealmad:, luckily i backed up to the card and was able to reload with all my data etc up to close of business on that day

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived