Security Installer Community

Advice Greatly Appreciated

Hi, there seems a few places to post this, but I'll give here a shot, if that's okay?

I would be grateful for some 'emergency advice' regarding professionally fitted alarm systems and the make & model the company I work for, should be installing?

The short of it is, I work for a small security company in Essex, mainly CCTV. The owner contracts out the increasing amount of domestic alarm installs but has never ending problems with reliability and the installs themselves. I've heard this week that he wants to bring all the alarm business in house and will task me and another guy to develop it over the next few months.

My dilemma is that my colleague is much more knowledgeable and informed about alarms and I'm not. He'll leap ahead whilst I'm standing still. All I can see is the unreliability factor with the brand they install, which I shouldn't mention. I need to suggest professional stuff - makes & models etc to switch over to give me some credibility and that's where I need suggestions!

You would be better off having that conversation in our trade area, as it sounds as if you would be eligable, you just need to make 5 posts first.

Be warned that the answer to your question initially is 'how long is a piece of string'.

What are the subs installing?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

what puzzles me is when a mod logs off to go for a piss some random ***** pops up mod logs back on and is first to comment...just saying like

Paranoid much? Perhaps another mod could reassure Mr Call of the differing ip addresses?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

What sort of system too. We all have our preferences an gear ie myself that would be hkc for g2 and Siemens for g3. But as above install it badly and you will have issues with anything.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi, well shouldn’t mention the name really, but talking about it with a colleague yesterday and he reckons it’s a lot to do with the guys we outsource to as well.

So it’s probably alright to mention eurosec then although im not exactly sure what they were fitting as there’s some new gear come in fairly recently I’m lead to believe?

Eurosec is a very basic 'sparky contract' panel, but fitted properly I believe that it should be as stable as any other budget LCD panel.

So I highly suspect issues are caused by installation, design or other items, i.e poor quality PIRs badly placed to boot.

As I say if you get posting then you can possibly apply for trade, where you will find a lot more members who can talk with you,

many members here are 'trade only' and do not read and cannot reply in the public areas.

Edited by datadiffusion