So at the moment we use a handover pack that includes the following

On site we issue and leave,

Manual

Record of operation checks (ROC)

Historical Log

Record book

We take back to the office,

Signed Completion cert

installation sequence plan (whos done what on site eg panel/walk test etc)

Copy of ROC

Keyholders (if not setup before site visit)

Corrective sheet (if needed due to any disconnections ie we add police if new connection/URN etc)

Then, these get scanned in, and the customer folder is created/updated.

Is there anything to say exactly what documents are needed? 

This system has been in place forever, so just trying to streamline/update it a little. For instance, is there a requirement for a record book anymore? I can see how it was necessary for an old optima with a 5 event memory, but imo its now not needed.

I meant to ask our inspector the other week but it slipped my mind.

Copy of the spec is also left on site with any amendants. Eng amends another copy of the spec which comes back to the office to be raised as an as fitted. Well that's how we do it anyway.

I like your install sequence plan. Is that different to a handover checklist?

We use a history analysis sheet for our benefit (not nsi) which states eng on/off times and equipment used for each install. On the same sheet is a section to explain any delays or problems etc. this helps me ensure extra charges are not missed and monitor that jobs are being costed right etc.

Edited by timmo66

oh aye forgot the handover checklist. Yeah its different, we just initial whos done what ie hand over to customer, panel etc. Just keeps a note, if there's any slack practices, ie if we find a panel missing grommets etc, or poorly fixed, we can audit the next job to see if its a reoccurring theme for example. 

so does anyone hand over a record book? (its a little nsi book with a log in the back, and about good house keeping etc)

oh aye forgot the handover checklist. Yeah its different, we just initial whos done what ie hand over to customer, panel etc. Just keeps a note, if there's any slack practices, ie if we find a panel missing grommets etc, or poorly fixed, we can audit the next job to see if its a reoccurring theme for example.

so does anyone hand over a record book? (its a little nsi book with a log in the back, and about good house keeping etc)

We use an A5 log book which has NCR handover cert and ROC in the back so one left on site and one back to office. There is a separate A4 handover checklist which is returned to office. I'm wondering if we can also do a table type page for as fitted in NCR as well?

Copy of the spec is also left on site with any amendants. Eng amends another copy of the spec which comes back to the office to be raised as an as fitted. Well that's how we do it anyway.

Any changes to the original spec are written on the handover cert (and signed for by the customer) the spec is then brought back to the office revised and an updated spec is sent to the customer. Our specs are 10 pages minimum so leaving a copy with the customer is just a waste of trees

You end up sending an as fitted anyway, same amount of trees as leaving an amended one there? :)

Yes changes are put on our handovers too. One thing I think we could improve on is putting our handovers on carbon paper and the customer having a copy there and then.

9651, really like the idea of that. Although our installs tend to be one man anyway - except for help pulling cables in if required.

Do you guys have a signalling check list? To ensure the correct channels are connected and tested, or is that in your handover checklists? One thing I have been looking at recently.

You end up sending an as fitted anyway, same amount of trees as leaving an amended one there? :)

Yes changes are put on our handovers too. One thing I think we could improve on is putting our handovers on carbon paper and the customer having a copy there and then.

9651, really like the idea of that. Although our installs tend to be one man anyway - except for help pulling cables in if required.

Do you guys have a signalling check list? To ensure the correct channels are connected and tested, or is that in your handover checklists? One thing I have been looking at recently.

No but thats a good idea. At the mo i tend to do lots of the signalling commissioning, so i know they all go, however thats a good idea. I'm going to add that into the pack, just a simple check list. (at the mo if i dont commission, i'll check on mas at the earliest possibility all were sent)

Now with regards to temporary disconnection, how are you implementing this? At the mo ours is again paper based, and on the return of engineers dockets inputted into it. This is then reviewed to make sure nothing is left outstanding.......

Again this needs sorting out some kind spreadsheet or something, stick it on the shared drive. Its a shame we dont use AM or the like, but we are tied but what we use by out sister company. 

We use SIA but its on our handover

Now with regards to temporary disconnection, how are you implementing this? At the mo ours is again paper based, and on the return of engineers dockets inputted into it. This is then reviewed to make sure nothing is left outstanding......

Depends what is being disconnected?

Correct, if the engineer creates a follow up action this will be done automatically. My service girl tends to keep a check on the engineer dockets as they come back from the tablet just in case there is further action without the auto callback created.

Correct, if the engineer creates a follow up action this will be done automatically. My service girl tends to keep a check on the engineer dockets as they come back from the tablet just in case there is further action without the auto callback created.

depends on codes,if a code creates a revisit all is fine then its all in the wording and service engineers have their own shorthand which means something only to them most of the time,discon door  as new door being fitted  is different to discon as door being blocked off for eg 

Edited by goncall

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, just a question...suspect I know the answer but will ask anyway!

Looking for management manuals etc for NSI Gold, any idea if they can be downloaded?

Interested to know what software your using on the tablet to get the dockets back...

Looking for management manuals etc for NSI Gold, any idea if they can be downloaded?

as in the BMI ?

think you pay £50 ? or something

yrs ago I got gifted a spare set of BS's & Nacoss NCAP's & BMI & all the auditing of Co. which gained their Gold & Iso.

as normal Ive done f' all with it cause the only spare time I get is pissed up the wall spamming TSI ;)

Mr? Veritas God

as in the BMI ?think you pay £50 ? or somethingyrs ago I got gifted a spare set of BS's & Nacoss NCAP's & BMI & all the auditing of Co. which gained their Gold & Iso.as normal Ive done f' all with it cause the only spare time I get is pissed up the wall spamming tsi ;)

Had a look at the BMI but really only covers silver (demo specs etc) mainly looking for ISO business manuals/processes really.