Security Installer Community

Texecom Comip

It doesn't currently do private reporting AFAIK.

It can do it through Montex, but its not the slickest solution by any means. We are currently testing internally a new version of the apps with push notification, should be available early next year.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Montex, I never thought of that. More like setting up your own ARC, I wouldn't call that private reporting personally.

Interesting to hear about the push notifications, will this become the new IP speech dialler; time will tell.

Do you know if it will require new hardware yet?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
typos

Same here, server in my loft receiving SIA from panel then sends out emails, they come through pretty quick though

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Same here, server in my loft receiving SIA from panel then sends out emails, they come through pretty quick though

I wish it would make a Siren type nosie for intruder alarms and just the bing noise for low pri messages.

Montex, I never thought of that. More like setting up your own ARC, I wouldn't call that private reporting personally.

Interesting to hear about the push notifications, will this become the new IP speech dialler; time will tell.

Do you know if it will require new hardware yet?

No new hardware required, the rest covered by the other guys. Should work on older panels as well, that's part of the testing, the IP protocol has not changed since introduction so i think it will work on Premier panels back to V7, maybe earlier.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Mines an 88 v7.6, so I can confirm that

I'm thinking of using this for my own place really.

I can use IFTTT to make an iphone push notification when an email is sent, (and blue strobe philips hue lamps but that may be a bit too qwerky!)

never used montex either unfortunately, I would need a server/PC running all the time for an email to be sent?

Starting to wonder if gsm module would be better option, but that'd mean paying for a static IP sim card when I'll be paying for 152mb broadband already!

2400 sms seems expensive over landline, especially when some one leaves M-Maintenance on while servicing.... Lol

I'm thinking of using this for my own place really.

I can use IFTTT to make an iphone push notification when an email is sent, (and blue strobe philips hue lamps but that may be a bit too qwerky!)

never used montex either unfortunately, I would need a server/PC running all the time for an email to be sent?

Starting to wonder if gsm module would be better option, but that'd mean paying for a static IP sim card when I'll be paying for 152mb broadband already!

2400 sms seems expensive over landline, especially when some one leaves M-Maintenance on while servicing.... Lol

I have an old pc setup with win XP and montex/texbase on it with a ups power supply I rent an area down a local farm about 2 miles from my house and this has a premier 48 panel with a gsm module setup and a fixed IP sim card, All events come though to the pc and then intruder ones email me the rest are just set to let me know whats gone on in the day.

Hi Adrian,

originally the com-ip with the app didn't work on earlier panels without it programmed as not used and the settings of the ip module changed.

This wouldnt allow you to program the the  arc to send the messages out over ip and use the app?

Or has this been addressed with App using Wintex protocol now rather than Simple protocol?

Hi Adrian,

originally the com-ip with the app didn't work on earlier panels without it programmed as not used and the settings of the ip module changed.

This wouldnt allow you to program the the  arc to send the messages out over ip and use the app?

Or has this been addressed with App using Wintex protocol now rather than Simple protocol?

No still the same protocol as far as I am aware, pretty sure its works with any panel that natively supports the ComIP which i think was version 7, it may have been earlier

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

As I said earlier, my panel is 7.6, the app works, montex works, wintex works all over IP. There is even a com2400 on it sending sms as well incase broadband goes down (seperate btw, I have cable)

Hi Breff, so how is the com-ip configured on the panel as originally when the app was first introduced the com-ip was not used so wouldnt have been able to send the signals out over ip aswell as being connected to the app?

may be had my head in the sand for way too long? (over a year since I even looked at the App)

I have a 9.02 panel and for the app to work the com port for the com-ip was not used and and the mode of the com-ip module had to be changed as it crashed out. 

My understanding is wont need montex texbase to use with the new app, just be able to send directly to the app, my 9.02 panel works with the app with the limitations outlined and also with sending coms via ip, but not both.

Edited by secureiam

Com port 2 prog as comip, baud rate 38400, ip port 10001, arc2 tel no. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/10001, account no 0001, sia level 2/3 with connect via ip and send sia text selected. com1 is com2400 and arc1 is sms messaging. onboard digi set to com2400

• 8 months later...

Old post but trying to get montex working and having a bit of trouble. COM IP is on com port 1 so dont have an option for baud rate. using arc tel no 1 as the IP address i am at. Do i need to open the port 10001 on the site i (and montex) is on? 

You need to make sure the ComIP has outbound access to the receiver and your Montex receiver has inbound access on port 10001, make sure coms is started in setup on Montex

In Program Digi your Primary No. should be the receiver IP address in this format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/10001

Hey Ho, Lets Go

After some more digging i reaalised no gateway was put into the comip so I need to do that and also i am struggling to get the port 10001 open on my network here so will have a chat with IT on Monday hopefully can get it sorted as would love to get these working.

Works well, can be set up to email as well