Security Installer Community

Needing Peoples Opinions On A Descent Grade 2 Install

matt5595

Hi, 

Just got a few options on a resent install that I'm going to quote for, firstly I'd like to ask if the person has previously been burgled and there system has been damaged as a result to this can they claim this on there insurance if the system was a grade1 system and it's never been altered since they moved into the property?

also got a number of ideas on a system I'd like to install the 1st been at the top!

1. Galaxy 2-20 with RF module & AG8 sounder, wireless PIR's &  with informa auto dialiier 

2. Galaxy 2-12 with double balanced zones and activ 8 PIRs' and informa dialler

3. Visonic promax wirless system

4. Acenta Gen 4 with lcd remote keypad, activ8 pirs, informer autodialler & ag6 sounder

Any opinions would be great!

cheers

Edited by matt5595

Yeah but he can still claim his insurance right?,

And of course the grade means something you can still get insurance lowered if you follow the guidelines of en50131 in terms of quality of install and documentation and tests carried out!

you can issue your own certificate of install along with commissioning documentation!

I'm not aware of any insurer that gives discounts on the work and/or ongoing maintenance of any non approved installer.

Well, I suppose they might be interested if it contributed to the house burning down.

Edited by datadiffusion
I missed out some words

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

oh and a specification to 

yes but the alarm system was damaged by the burglars 

he want's to try and claim it as damaged property 

so can you still get reduced insurance rates as a non approved installer?

I dont understand fully here so the guy can claim insurance for the job if i were to be approved but to get his insurance rate lowered it only matters on the grade of the system installed?

and im not gonna just fit what i want how i want going to fit whatever i fit in line with the en50131, and also provide the client the best system for them

look I've had this problem before Im not that other guy if thats what you think!, I take pride in the work I do.  I take longer and dont charge the client more!, i like to know ive done a good job!

Look it's an elderly person that has been burgled if the old guy can get it free off another company will advise him to do that and refer him to someone else I just want to do whats best by him really, in the meantime i want to put in a lower cost panel to keep him safe for now! for free

will he be able to get it for free if i refer him to a company that is certified?

You have 2 things regarding grading. The individual components and the system as a whole. An approved installer certificates the system as a whole is installed to the required grade and complies with the regulations. The manufacturer certificates that the component complies to the relevant grade and which part of the suite of bs en 50131 it is tested to.

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

so basically I need to get my nsi certification in order to provide a full grade 2 system!,  I have already been working inline with the BS7671 in terms of cable routing and containment of cabling, and also in line with EN50131 in terms of the alarm designs, and equipment used!.  Not only this I keep my own specifications, commissioning records etc and have a full jobs list and document control system in place!, how long would I need to do this over in order to become certified?

I also fill out all the required standard sheets as to NSI, and produce my own cable schedules, and in some cases even do my own detailed wiring diagrams 

I also think a quick layout drawing indicating the placement of detectors, control panel, & external sounder is good in order to back up your risk assesment in terms of weak points within the premises and how good the coverage of the system is!

This information alongside the general overall risk to the premises in terms of usage and area also backs up the grade of installation & equipment needed 

in my eyes I think the honeywell galaxy 2 is a superb system because I believe that wired & wireless systems both have there own unique benefits, and with a galaxy 2 you have the ability to get the best out of both wireless and wired together!

Edited by matt5595

I know sixwheeledbeast Im just looking for advise on how the process works what I need to do to get that ball rolling,

Sorry but that wasn't exactly clear.

The original question was which G2 system, the thread has now turned into how to become an approved company?

Did I miss something?

Best to contact NSI or SSAIB and continue from there, I believe there will be a period of assessments, yes.