Security Installer Community

Router

timmo66

Budget = Netgear

Decent = Draytek

QFA on the Draytek I was very impressed with one I played with the other day. I had a Netgear foor many years but they have gone downhill recently Virgin use them and the VMedia forum is full of complaints. I am using a Edimax piece of **** ATM I purchased it for faffing around with at work but my old Netgear router failed so I the Edimax home. I may well buy a Draytek myself

I have a Draytek at home. Very pleased with it, only small gripe is the WLAN signal distance is a bit shorter than my previous Netgear.

In fairness to Netgear the Superhub has lots of features stripped out by VM firmware.

Best to stick Superhub's into "Modem mode" then run your own router.

Is this for your own personal use mate or does your firm supply a router with any networked cctv install?

Is this for your own personal use mate or does your firm supply a router with any networked cctv install?

I am thinking about doing this but then that makes it our problem, not the customer.

We have a problem with a system, I am being told by many ppl that one of the issues is the network and the homehub. I want to try to eliminate the problem by putting a better router in to see what happens.

I am thinking about doing this but then that makes it our problem, not the customer.

We have a problem with a system, I am being told by many ppl that one of the issues is the network and the homehub. I want to try to eliminate the problem by putting a better router in to see what happens.

Would imagine it being a little difficult asking a customer to swap their BT hub for a different router.