Security Installer Community

Commissioning A Texecom Elite 24 System.

Tex24

Hi I am commissioning a Texecom Elite 24 system.
This is my very first installation. It has 22 zones using FSL wiring. It has 2 external keyboards.
Also an 8XP External expander and an 8XE internal expander is included.

I am using Wintex software to analyse and configure the system.
Wintex shows that all the zones are healthy and functioning correctly, showing the correct resistance values for a resting state of 2.2K approximately. The two unused zones are set as Unused.
The problem I have is this.
In the Wintex diagnostics (Expander Status section) the 8XE expander shows that it is off line (Not fitted) , Zero volts. Expander Network Errors 0. Expander Box Tamper Open .
Inspite of this all the zones connected to the 8XE are shown to be operating correctly. I have replaced the 8XE with another one however the problem remains
The 8XP expander shows all correct and working and if relevant is set to address 2.
I have absolutely no experience in fitting alarm panels and am at a loss to figure if the Wintex software has a glitch and incorrectly shows off line or if I should look for another reason the 8XE is showing offline.
Has anyone any experience of this please your help and advice would be very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I guess when you say all the zones show correctly you are talking about 17 to 24 which are on expander number 2 (external Expander)

Also have you set the aux input on the expander to not used and not to tamper unless you are using it as a tamper loop