Security Installer Community

Sensor Move For Extension

sullym6

Didn't see this section so posted in the detectors section by mistake, might get more visability here

Hi

We have just had an extension which now covers an alarmed Patio door (2 Shocks and  1 contact) and also an internal Window (2 shocks). These have now been replaced with internal doors so I wanted to move the sensors to the extension which has 2 entrances with windows either side

I can move the old patios door shocks to the main entrance which comprises of 2 large windows with french doors in the middle, so thats 1 shock per window and contact on the door.

The side entrance has a single door with 2 smaller window panels, will the shocks be o.k for this or should I replace one of the shocks to a contact and then change the sensor via the panel to a contact

The windows and doors are brown upvc so I am looking at some way to hide the cables but all the trunking I can find in brown is 25 x 16 which is a little large.

I do have the engineer code for my system so hopefully with the help of the manual I should be able to make any changes I need.

Thanks

Sohail

Hi James

thought about that but decided against it as if anything ever goes wrong I can see the window company blaming the alarm install. I have hopefully managed to get some matching trim pieces that I will use to put over the cables.

Now is just what to do with the sensors, can I daisy chain the shock to a contact I understand they will be on the same zone but the main thing is the door will be protected better. The sensors are wired EOL so I guess I need to move the resistors to the last sensor

Thanks

Sohail

Hi James

thought about that but decided against it as if anything ever goes wrong I can see the window company blaming the alarm install. I have hopefully managed to get some matching trim pieces that I will use to put over the cables.

Now is just what to do with the sensors, can I daisy chain the shock to a contact I understand they will be on the same zone but the main thing is the door will be protected better. The sensors are wired EOL so I guess I need to move the resistors to the last sensor

Thanks

Sohail

Daisy chain as in series yes, but if sol isn't there enough zones or pairs to give an additional circuit?

Hi al

I don't want to mess with the panel so there may well be enough pairs for an additional contact but then I need to make sure it is connected at the other end. I each shock is on its own zone then I can put both shocks on one zone and the contact on the other, if not I will just add it in series to the shocks.

If the cable has been delivered I will be having a play tonight :)

Thanks

Sohail

I have take the cover off the shocks that used to be on the window that was removed, The shocks each have there own zone which is good the only issues is. the shocks are wired to trigger in the closed state and the contact is the other way round (closed when door closed and open when door opens) When I did some quick tests this would mean the alarm would trigger with the door closed.

The cable being used is 8 core so I do have a spare pair but not sure if they are connect at the panel side, would an installer have connected these to the panel and just not programmed them? What is the easiest way to check if just need programming, I think I have a gardtec 595

Thanks

Sohail

Don't understand what your saying, I thought shocks were already installed and you only wanted to add a door contact?

If your not willing to mess with the panel but willing to mess with programming you may aswell Buzz through a pair and stick door contact on that

Also you need to know what panel you have , "think" means guessing and any advice could be wrong

To be honest programming can get confusing , get engineer? At least get a quote ?

Hi Al

Thats correct I have 2 shocks each on their own zone which were on a windows but now being moved to extension window with door in middle. I have a spare pair of wires but don't think they are connected at panel. I wired the contact to the as a test to the alarm terminals of the shock one of the shocks and the comtact seemed to work the wrong way round i.e. alarm when door closed rathe than open.

I will be having a proper play tonight

Thanks

Sohail

There is a door contact that used to be on the old patio door so may have to wire that in series to cover now 2 possible exits. It will just be a pain as the way the cable with the other 2 shocks and door contacts are on the other side of the room wired to a single 8 core cable

Will let you know how I get on as the more I think about it the clearer it gets

Sohail.

Edited by sullym6

There was a delay in getting the cable but finally managed to sort it. Have set the shocks the a pulse of 4 and at a moderate sensitivity (test with sharp tap of a screwdriver handle approx 1-1.5m)

All shocks are on there own zone and the 2 door contacts have been put in the same zone. Joints in the cable were made by staggered solder joint and then tapped up

Thanks for your responses

Sohail