Security Installer Community

On Call Rate

Prodigious

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Employing 3 people to check faults.

They do more than just checking faults. They do a lot of Pre-configure stuff and activate licences and build CCTV systems and etc

2) Hey my hourly rate more bout £15-£20 a hour!!!

I think your a one man band like me, come on admit it?

• 2 weeks later...

I never knew that with RAC,  I knew AA as my pal is an AA Recovery Guy.   He says there told if somebody at roadside to pull up and ask if they need help and if they say yes.  He got to say "I can help you but I need you to join the AA" 

I know that RAC and AA breakdown patrols are all employed ( Small vans first response ) The truck drivers some are agency but most are also employed and Green flag only use subbys for all there work. If AA or RAC can not get one off there own van's/Trucks it is then given to a subby but they will turn up in a garage branded van/lorry. You are Right both AA/RAC guys are asked to stop to make new customers but thats business I wouldn't fix an alarm for nothing would you?

A serious answer to the original question.

We pay £125.00 a week for being on call. Then time & half at all times when called out (door to door). If you are on call on a bank holiday you also recieve an an extra days pay.

Are you AlarmScot ?

No but would you stop to offer to shut someone's up if you drove past and it was sounding?

A grey area they might be an intruder? there was a story a few years ago off an RAC man got called to car with the keys locked in and when he arrived there was a man next to the car. RAC man got the keys out in just a few mins and the man drove off, Then the owner of the car arrived to find the RAC guy and his car was gone.

I might do if i looked like a DIY install with no installer details and it seemed 100% that they had a right to disarm the system. I would help a neighbour like a shot