Security Installer Community

New Wireless Recommendation

caveman38

First time poster, hi.

I was all set to go for a Screwfix Yale wireless install. I chatted to a pal in my street who has suffered spurious alarms with another system from south facing zones.

The thing is that our houses face due south in the south of England and they can get very hot and that is where I feel the problem lies.

Most of the break ins are where doors and windows are removed and the switches are ineffective. The only way I see that I can I can set up an effective alarm on my limited budget is with Dual Tech sensors in the two rear rooms. One has the boiler and air vents too.

I only intend fitting 2 other PIR's and 2 door contacts at the front.

Because Yale do not sell Dual Tech PIR's, I am looking for a similar system that does. Any help / advice appreciated, please. Easy programming would be a help too.

First time poster, hi.

I was all set to go for a Screwfix Yale wireless install. I chatted to a pal in my street who has suffered spurious alarms with another system from south facing zones.

The thing is that our houses face due south in the south of England and they can get very hot and that is where I feel the problem lies.

Most of the break ins are where doors and windows are removed and the switches are ineffective. The only way I see that I can I can set up an effective alarm on my limited budget is with Dual Tech sensors in the two rear rooms. One has the boiler and air vents too.

I only intend fitting 2 other PIR's and 2 door contacts at the front.

Because Yale do not sell Dual Tech PIR's, I am looking for a similar system that does. Any help / advice appreciated, please. Easy programming would be a help too.

I am unsure how the Yale alarm not work?

It could be he is pointing PIR sensor at a Window which you should not do.  Or Point PIR at a Door Sensor. 

Hi,

Although possibly not the cheapest on the market, Texecom Ricochet is my wireless system of choice. The systems I have installed have proved to be reliable and robust and a DT wireless detector is available. Initial setup can be a little tricky for a first time installer, but the end result is well worth it.

Pyronix Enforcer is another option - cheaper, but in my opinion not a pleasing to the eye and I'm not keen on the enforcer programming / setup methods.

Op, can I ask how much you were due to spend on the Yale kit? It's not a trick, I'm just interested as a starting point.

£160  http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-hsa6400-wireless-4-room-alarm-kit/54473?kpid=54473&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&kpid=54473&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping%20-%20Security-_-Shopping%20-%20Security&gclid=CjwKEAiA4YGjBRDOxa3XvfTnvSASJACC3bLBLMLVxwp4uSKFrEybAqj3Q7H6-g1dDh_bQEGN8j-8zRoCLz_w_wcB

I would have had to pay more for DT's if they'd had them. To be honest it would have been just fine as the programming is easy and as far as I can see the feedback is good. I'vs been in touch with MAP (they're suppliers) and there are no third party DT PIR's that are compatible hence why I'm looking for an alternative.

First review on Screwfix - 

"To avoid the anti tamper removal switch, I had to silicone a 2p coin to the wall so this was depressing the switch. However, I imagine that will be true for most alarms."

It's fine if you're happy that with this system, all the sensors are usually on 'entry/exit' so all someone needs to do is come in and rip

the control panel off the wall, the outside siren will never go off and you'll never get the phone call saying you've been burgled.

If you're definitely up for DIY, I would ask yourself if it really has to be wireless or can you get some small alarm cables in?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I wouldn't touch one-way kit you may as well just put a dummy box up.

http://cybergibbons.com/alarms-2/wireless-alarm-recommendations/

Op, if you're still reading this, he's bang on the money.

Posters on here sometimes say the trade people on here are out to rip people off, overcharge, spec kit that's 'over the top' etc...

The truth is, Yale is tat, plain and simple. You'd get the same level of protection going onto ebay and buying two dummy sounders

from someone like Elmdene or Pyronix, or even a broken Yale just for the bellboxes. There is no decent system at £160, and the

ones there are, are no better than a dummy.

Basically, I appreciate you might not have £500-700 - so please don't waste £160!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

£160  http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-hsa6400-wireless-4-room-alarm-kit/54473?kpid=54473&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&kpid=54473&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping%20-%20Security-_-Shopping%20-%20Security&gclid=CjwKEAiA4YGjBRDOxa3XvfTnvSASJACC3bLBLMLVxwp4uSKFrEybAqj3Q7H6-g1dDh_bQEGN8j-8zRoCLz_w_wcB

I would have had to pay more for DT's if they'd had them. To be honest it would have been just fine as the programming is easy and as far as I can see the feedback is good. I'vs been in touch with MAP (they're suppliers) and there are no third party DT PIR's that are compatible hence why I'm looking for an alternative.

If your looking at DiY or Yale Brand then why not look at the Yale Easyfit or even Yale Ultimate.

The HSA6400 is now quite a old system. 

You get one which has a SmartPhone App which allows you to hide the Main Box away. 

Plus is there no local companies which will spread alarm over x months for repayment?

p.s if anybody scared about average burglar who often is just chancing there luck is not that likely going to carry a jaming device,  Well I can only speak about my area in Scotland.  Maybe you English have different criminals. 

While talking about Wireless system. 

Anybody installed or used Risco Alarms?   

We had a Sales Person at work showing us there alarm,  Are they good? 

Edited by AlarmScot

I am a big Risco fan but I believe most on here don't like Risco.

Their bells are rock solid and only had 1 XS3D faulty in 6 years.

Low end panels such as 480 and CPX are good for the money with built in speech dialler.

600 panel is solid .

Their new B Ware detectors are easy to wire, set up and install.

The Lightsys and Agility 3 are very good panels plus I would say the wireless is the best out there.

Remember you can connect cameras to the Lightsys and agility adding extra security.

I'm waiting for the Risco bashers now....

!

I am a big Risco fan but I believe most on here don't like Risco.

Their bells are rock solid and only had 1 XS3D faulty in 6 years.

Low end panels such as 480 and CPX are good for the money with built in speech dialler.

600 panel is solid .

Their new B Ware detectors are easy to wire, set up and install.

The Lightsys and Agility 3 are very good panels plus I would say the wireless is the best out there.

Remember you can connect cameras to the Lightsys and agility adding extra security.

I'm waiting for the Risco bashers now....

Like they looked good quality built compared other systems and I thought it was cool you can manage alarm and cctv from one app. 

Good to know you had hardly any faults which is key to any Engineer. 

Pricing wise,  How do they fare against others? 

What does your customers think about it? 

• 4 weeks later...