Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Output Problem

Morning all. I've got a Premier 48 and have Panel Output 1 set to type 06 - Engineer working, with the LED disable on PIRs wired to that output. I notice though that Output 1 is stuck with -ve applied (as per Wintex and multimeter check) and doesn't change when logging in and out of engineer mode. I've tried other output types (e.g. 13 - System Open) and can't seem to get the output to change state. Panel Output 2 also behaves in the same way. The outputs on an 8XP connected to the panel work correctly. Have tried full power down and reset defaults. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Have I missed something obvious in config?

Morning all. I've got a Premier 48 and have Panel Output 1 set to type 06 - Engineer working, with the LED disable on PIRs wired to that output. I notice though that Output 1 is stuck with -ve applied (as per Wintex and multimeter check) and doesn't change when logging in and out of engineer mode. I've tried other output types (e.g. 13 - System Open) and can't seem to get the output to change state. Panel Output 2 also behaves in the same way. The outputs on an 8XP connected to the panel work correctly. Have tried full power down and reset defaults. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Have I missed something obvious in config?

If you are using "Engineer Working" to trigger LED's on sensors, you should know that the Texecom has a special output type for this.

Use the "LED Control" Area option.

I am not sure why the output is not changing state, you will be best to program it for something you can test and then check with a multimeter.

Also I hope you are not getting Panel Outputs and Digi Outputs mixed up.

Failing all that post up the Premier Model and Version numbers.

Thanks for the advice. I've tried the LED control type as well as a couple of others and can't get the state of either of the two outputs to change. These are definitely the two panel outputs. I've tested and can see the digi outputs are changing state.

The panel is a Premier Elite 48 with firmware version 2.01. I guess next step could be to update the firmware? I can't see anything related to outputs in the later firmware bulletins though. Thanks again.

The panel is a Premier Elite 48 with firmware version 2.01. I guess next step could be to update the firmware? I can't see anything related to outputs in the later firmware bulletins though. Thanks again.

Yes, firmware update would be a good idea.

IIRC 2.01 was a version with expander output issues.