Security Installer Community

Chubb Initial Apartment Station - Replacement

Hi, we are a small local security firm who have been called out to change a Chubb Inital apartment station for an old peoples home. They give us loads of work but not for installing this Warden Call stuff. We can buy the unit from Chubb but they say its pointless as they will need to programme it ...... so the home needs to call out Chubb and pay £200+.

Ive heard thats the business model and if so, we are where we are....................................... but is this right, or is there a way round it?

• 1 month later...

Its combined warden call door entry, the apartment station contains the interface for the pullcords and the receiver for the telecare devices in that area of the building. Dont touch it unless you know exactly what you are doing. If an old dear has a fall or a heart attack and presses their pendant or has a seizure or a fall and their seizure or fall detector fails to signal the investigation and analysis goes a lot deeper than an nsi or ssaib audit, police call you in for a chat to explain your actions. £200 is cheap for chubb community care?

Hi, we are a small local security firm who have been called out to change a Chubb Inital apartment station for an old peoples home. They give us loads of work but not for installing this Warden Call stuff. We can buy the unit from Chubb but they say its pointless as they will need to programme it ...... so the home needs to call out Chubb and pay £200+.

Ive heard thats the business model and if so, we are where we are....................................... but is this right, or is there a way round it?

I say leave this stuff alone if you never installed Warden Call Equipment.   Easy to install but nightmare if something goes wrong and properly need a good insurance and lawyer if it does go wrong.  Just remember to keep records of everything for this.

We did a project like what your doing and our company installed the new system and left the Chubb equipment in so they had two systems in place we then got Chubb to remove old system which Chubb never liked but they should kept good service to customers. 

This is best part of remember!!

Explain to customer you need to get Chubb in to remove their equipment as they lock the equipment to Chubb and your not allowed to touch it for various legal reasons and Chubb always own their equipment, Like ADT do. (They properly already hate the system and Chubb)

*The punch line* However the system we're installing for you will not be a such locked into my company which you can get any company to maintain this unit but I always advise you get the company who installed it to maintain it.(Shows them you value service and listen to there wants and needs not to be locked which is why they properly asked you)

If you do this job insist on taking a service agreement so to cover everyone that system is maintain and make themselves have a daily log of systems works which means if something goes wrong you can prove you covered yourselves on your visits and system working to best of your ability.  

Hopefully all that makes sense. 

Edited by AlarmScot

I wasn't aware Chubb owned all their equipment, ADT certainly don't.

We got told that Chubb remain ownership of there products even after customer finished the contract with them.   As something to do with protecting there 'Patented Security Systems' = To be honest I thought it sounded like BS but hey ho let them run a business like that. 

I am only saying what I got told btw,  I would of edited it but I can't